Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country in the world has most handsome men?
USA 53 23.87%
Braitain 8 3.60%
Germany 11 4.95%
Mexico 6 2.70%
Brazil 23 10.36%
Russia 8 3.60%
South Africa 2 0.90%
Austraila 7 3.15%
India 7 3.15%
China 6 2.70%
Pakistan 0 0%
Iraq 1 0.45%
Iran 6 2.70%
Afghanistan 4 1.80%
Japan 4 1.80%
Nigeria 3 1.35%
Canada 6 2.70%
Poland 6 2.70%
France 8 3.60%
Other - Please mention 53 23.87%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 PM

14 posts, read 58,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I can easily spot a Norwegian when I'm abroad. The same with Swedes. Of course I'm talking about the typical tall (dark)blonde male or blonde female. For non-Scandinavians, I guess we look pretty much the same as Germans or Dutch people.
Yes i agree there are certain traits among populations which make some groups disctintive of others. When people is traveling in groups is way easier spoting nationality than when is a single tourist cause the frequency of repetitive traits is not seen.
But overall people look at the coloring and for non northerners they are all the same. Funnyly enough is much easier to spot british people from the other groups named.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 AM

221 posts, read 535,296 times
Quote:
I can easily spot a Norwegian when I'm abroad. The same with Swedes. Of course I'm talking about the typical tall (dark)blonde male or blonde female. For non-Scandinavians, I guess we look pretty much the same as Germans or Dutch people.
really? I can tell when a woman looks very "norwegian" (scandinavian), but i don't think i'd ever be able to spot one if i was abroad!

i mean.. there are a lot of tall blonde/dark people all over the western world!!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The ones that post on City Data?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Rain View Post
really? I can tell when a woman looks very "norwegian" (scandinavian), but i don't think i'd ever be able to spot one if i was abroad!

i mean.. there are a lot of tall blonde/dark people all over the western world!!
Many Norwegians and Swedes got certain physical similarities and "particularities" in common. I was in New York City last fall. Encountered 4-5 Norwegians and 2 Swedes. Even at a distance I was certain they were Scandinavian. It's maybe easier to detect outside Europe...

Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The ones that post on City Data?
spectacular suggestion, apart from the odd looks one would normally get.
imho.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Many Norwegians and Swedes got certain physical similarities and "particularities" in common. I was in New York City last fall. Encountered 4-5 Norwegians and 2 Swedes. Even at a distance I was certain they were Scandinavian. It's maybe easier to detect outside Europe...
Maybe it was because they were wasted and singing out super loud?

I don't see why it'd be easier to detect in the US (except for very multicultural/diverse parts within the US), as americans are generally europeans

I'll have to try that out, though..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM

14 posts, read 58,701 times
Quote:

I don't see why it'd be easier to detect in the US (except for very multicultural/diverse parts within the US), as americans are generally europeans

Remember "white americans" aren't that blonde.. i remember reading that only 1 out of 6 of white americans have blue eyes... this proportion is quite small compared to people in northern europe where the average dude has blue eyes and dark blond hair.
I can spot easily an american, specially when i have been around northern europe .. average white american is only between 175-177 cm while all northern european nations are above 180 cm specially regions like netherlands/northern germany and denmark where people (mostly men) are easily above this mark.

I can tell you cause im southamerican... (i don't look like people from mexico who cross the US border everyday) and im short (around 174-175 cm) and the only people i saw around my height(or even smaller) in airports were often "white americans", northern europeans were always by far taller , and much more homogeneus featured, specially people coming from smaller countries.

Just did the try, looking for random people from different countries in some sites, and americans , and also canadians are quite easy to spot from europeans.

I think the ethnicity that most north-americans could pass is either british or irish... no suprisingly those, specially british are often refered as the less good looking people in the european continent, some even don't consider them europen anymore.

Last edited by Rodro666; 06-17-2009 at 08:57 PM..

Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:

No, they were definitely not drunk.

Like Rodro666 pointed out. Many white Americans tend to be rather short, at least compared to Scandinavians. Blue eyes aren't as common and they got different "facial traits" than "us".

I think if you pay close attention when abroad, the 6'1"+ Norwegian male shouldn't be that hard to detect.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodro666 View Post
Remember "white americans" aren't that blonde.. i remember reading that only 1 out of 6 of white americans have blue eyes... this proportion is quite small compared to people in northern europe where the average dude has blue eyes and dark blond hair.
I can spot easily an american, specially when i have been around northern europe .. average white american is only between 175-177 cm while all northern european nations are above 180 cm specially regions like netherlands/northern germany and denmark where people (mostly men) are easily above this mark.

I can tell you cause im southamerican... (i don't look like people from mexico who cross the US border everyday) and im short (around 174-175 cm) and the only people i saw around my height(or even smaller) in airports were often "white americans", northern europeans were always by far taller , and much more homogeneus featured, specially people coming from smaller countries.

Just did the try, looking for random people from different countries in some sites, and americans , and also canadians are quite easy to spot from europeans.

I think the ethnicity that most north-americans could pass is either british or irish... no suprisingly those, specially british are often refered as the less good looking people in the european continent, some even don't consider them europen anymore.
yeah, personally ive been over 180 cm since i was 14, and my friend has always been about 10 cm taller than me.

and the british people ARE known to be very little attractive, yeah well, if the brits arent european, then what are they?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
No, they were definitely not drunk.

Like Rodro666 pointed out. Many white Americans tend to be rather short, at least compared to Scandinavians. Blue eyes aren't as common and they got different "facial traits" than "us".

I think if you pay close attention when abroad, the 6'1"+ Norwegian male shouldn't be that hard to detect.
Quote:
yeah, personally ive been over 180 cm since i was 14, and my friend has always been about 10 cm taller than me.

and the british people ARE known to be very little attractive, yeah well, if the brits arent european, then what are they?
OK you tall Norwegian sterk menneske, what sort of woman makes your heart skip a beat/takes your breath away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World