U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-05-2009, 10:10 PM
 
Location: southern california
61,305 posts, read 79,872,899 times
Reputation: 55458

Advertisements

detroit, 1 white gal and 100 black guys is integration.
btw 100 white guys and 1 black gal is gentrification same town
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2009, 12:56 AM
 
Location: Manila
1,144 posts, read 1,733,398 times
Reputation: 758
Regarding integration, try any place with the most instances of interracial couplings and mixed raced kids - ya'll know who they are...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,481 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
Okay but i was just stating that its not more diverse than NYC
In my one trip to London, I found it too be WAY WAY more diverse then the US "melting pot" I came from, and more then Berkeley California where I grew up. Known for being diverse, liberal and completely intergrated. While that was the direction Berkeley was going in the 70's that has all ceased and the entire San Francisco Bay Area is as segregated as before bussing in the 70's. Oh! Theres no more bussing....maybe thats why. In London was the first time I felt like there were no real color lines. Perhaps the only prejudice in London may be towards those who don't speak with a British Accent. And if spent any kind of more time there I would GLADLY adapt to speaking with a phoney american british accent. Its my favorite of all accents.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,481 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
detroit, 1 white gal and 100 black guys is integration.
btw 100 white guys and 1 black gal is gentrification same town

What the hell does that even mean? Me thinks you have real issues with interracial dating....get over it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,787,855 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by oak4berk View Post
In my one trip to London, I found it too be WAY WAY more diverse then the US "melting pot" I came from, and more then Berkeley California where I grew up. Known for being diverse, liberal and completely intergrated. While that was the direction Berkeley was going in the 70's that has all ceased and the entire San Francisco Bay Area is as segregated as before bussing in the 70's. Oh! Theres no more bussing....maybe thats why. In London was the first time I felt like there were no real color lines. Perhaps the only prejudice in London may be towards those who don't speak with a British Accent. And if spent any kind of more time there I would GLADLY adapt to speaking with a phoney american british accent. Its my favorite of all accents.
Hmm, but Berkely isn't NYC.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
 
140 posts, read 416,339 times
Reputation: 244
I live in Oakland, California and there is NOTHING diverse about it. It is primarily Hispanic with some Asians, blacks and whites. California is only 6% black and very racist towards black. I am African-American and have grown sick of it and the expensive cost of living in such a sh-tty place. Just because a city or state has several different ethnic groups does not make it "diverse" especially if said ethnic groups don't live in harmony and a certain ethnic group (which I won't name) is hell bent on "taking over" the state and running other ethnic groups out - starting with the blacks.

A good friend of mine sold her home and moved her business to Salvador Bahia, Brasil a few years ago to escape and convinced some of her family members to obtain retirement visas there. They all LOVE the place especially after putting up with the hellish conditions of California. I have visited Salvador and I too fell madly in love with the city and with Brazil in general and am looking to relocating there myself once I take an early retirement. I know Brasil has her social/racial/economic problems too but probablly nothing like the bs of California.

Don't believe the crap about the "diversity" of California. It's all a bunch of bullsh-t. There is no harmony and peace between the ethnic groups out here. There's no rainbow coalition here. The state is falling apart and been invaded by outside forces if you get what I mean.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2009, 04:30 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,486 posts, read 8,858,577 times
Reputation: 5537
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDominadora View Post
I live in Oakland, California and there is NOTHING diverse about it. It is primarily Hispanic with some Asians, blacks and whites. California is only 6% black and very racist towards black. I am African-American and have grown sick of it and the expensive cost of living in such a sh-tty place. Just because a city or state has several different ethnic groups does not make it "diverse" especially if said ethnic groups don't live in harmony and a certain ethnic group (which I won't name) is hell bent on "taking over" the state and running other ethnic groups out - starting with the blacks.

A good friend of mine sold her home and moved her business to Salvador Bahia, Brasil a few years ago to escape and convinced some of her family members to obtain retirement visas there. They all LOVE the place especially after putting up with the hellish conditions of California. I have visited Salvador and I too fell madly in love with the city and with Brazil in general and am looking to relocating there myself once I take an early retirement. I know Brasil has her social/racial/economic problems too but probablly nothing like the bs of California.

Don't believe the crap about the "diversity" of California. It's all a bunch of bullsh-t. There is no harmony and peace between the ethnic groups out here. There's no rainbow coalition here. The state is falling apart and been invaded by outside forces if you get what I mean.
That is what I do not like about some parts of California. Hispanics and Blacks are not together. We are in the same struggle. We lived or live in the same 'hoods', and they are racist towards each other. It does not makes sense. The majority of the hispanics in Cali are Mexicans or any South American Hispanics. So maybe they have another mentality as to the Hispanics that can be found in NYC. Also the African Americans from there may have another mentality as to the African Americans in NYC. In NYC Hispanics and African Americans are very close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2009, 09:30 AM
 
140 posts, read 416,339 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
That is what I do not like about some parts of California. Hispanics and Blacks are not together. We are in the same struggle. We lived or live in the same 'hoods', and they are racist towards each other. It does not makes sense. The majority of the hispanics in Cali are Mexicans or any South American Hispanics. So maybe they have another mentality as to the Hispanics that can be found in NYC. Also the African Americans from there may have another mentality as to the African Americans in NYC. In NYC Hispanics and African Americans are very close.
Well the Mexicans and Native Americans in California are as racist as a Mississippi Klansman out here. The West Coast and the Southwest regions of the US are the WORSE places for blacks to reside. The Hispanics out here will use the "we are all brothers of color" rhetoric with blacks ONLY when it suits their own interests and after they get what they want, then they will combine the anti-black racism that they knew back in Mexico with the anti-black racism they pick up from American whites to create a lethal combination of anti-black virulence. Blacks in California aren't the most politically minded people either. The ones who are political minded have long since left the stormy shores of California for places like Atlanta and other Southern cities where the cost of living is cheaper and at least you can be called a racial slur in your own language.

Los Angeles County is even worse than the SF Bay Area although it is getting ugly out here also. I have heard that the Dominicans and Puerto Ricans are racist towards blacks too but probably not to the degree of the Mexicans and Native Americans in the Southwest and on the West Coast. There is no diversity out here, only warring factions spurred on by the political parties that be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,764,353 times
Reputation: 736
Chicago might not be diverse as a whole, but in the neighborhood where I grew up I had friends that where polish, arabian, czech, romanian, vietnmeese, ecuadorian, guatemalan, chinese, combodian, indian, greek, nigerian, salvadorian, colombian, afghan, pakistanian, iraqi, urugayian, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2009, 04:33 AM
 
Location: best city in the world :)
52 posts, read 183,595 times
Reputation: 50
NY for North America and Berlin for Europe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top