Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 AM

324 posts, read 668,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Do you agree with the choices? Which city do you think is missing from this list? I personally think Vienna is also one of the world's most beautiful cities.

1. Paris
2. Vancouver
3. Sydney
4. Florence
5. Venice
6. Cape Town
7. San Francisco
8. Chicago
9. New York City
10. London
11. Cambridge
12. Tokyo

REALTOR® Magazine-Daily News-World's Most Beautiful Cities

World's Most Beautiful Cities - Forbes.com
Monaco should be added to this list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
The prettiest i visit was a tie between Cannes, France and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands.

The ugliest i visited was Karachi, Pakistan although that was back in the 80's as maybe it's better now.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 AM

241 posts, read 742,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
Monaco should be added to this list.
I wouldn't call Tokyo beautiful. It's interesting as a tourist, but most of the architecture away from those places is incredibly dull and bland, too many junky neon signs, which look even worse in the daytime all over the place. I think many buildings are just built for basic purpose more than style and likely done in a way to save the most money.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 AM

324 posts, read 668,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
The prettiest i visit was a tie between Cannes, France and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands.

The ugliest i visited was Karachi, Pakistan although that was back in the 80's as maybe it's better now.
Wow, you visited Pakistan?

You were not worried about your safety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxonyou View Post
I wouldn't call Tokyo beautiful. It's interesting as a tourist, but most of the architecture away from those places is incredibly dull and bland, too many junky neon signs, which look even worse in the daytime all over the place. I think many buildings are just built for basic purpose more than style and likely done in a way to save the most money.
I did not say "Tokyo". I said MONACO!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:

I was there in the mid 80's as that was before the Taliban as the Soviets were invading next door on Afghanistan. Even then you absolutely couldn't consume alcohol or you could recieve the death penalty and so we just toured the city (karachi) on a cart pulled by a mule and a tour guide who'd point out the different religious sites etc.

They did have some really cool Onyx factories that made chess sets etc. as onyx looks similar to marble as i bought one there for $ 20 dollars that would have cost about $ 200 dollars back in the States.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM

497 posts, read 507,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
Pretty: Los Angeles in the winter time is pretty beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Ugly: Detorit...nuff said
aRE YOU SERIOUS? Have you you seen some of these 3rd world countries before, get real man Detroit is okay

Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM

213 posts, read 674,441 times
I've been to major cities with huge slums, but I still consider the city as a whole to be extremely beautiful in their own ways. Mumbai because of the colonial architecture still standing, and Rio de Janeiro because of it's setting are two that immediately come to mind.

Ugliest: Tough choice, there are a lot of cities in the U.S. that I thought were extremely ugly. Detroit and Cleveland immediately come to mind. (Really just about anywhere in Ohio).

I thought Rome was really dirty, but as a whole I wouldn't put it among the ugliest because of the history and architecture.

To be honest, I did not like Paris at all when I went there. I liked just about every other big city in Europe I've been to quite a bit more than I did Paris.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 AM

241 posts, read 742,531 times
Quote:
Haha. I think I meant to reply to the person you replied to, not you.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:

The Population of Monaco is just over 30,000, so could not be included on the list for the obvious reason that it would not even qualify as a city.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,140 times
Most beautiful have to be Florence and Venice - at least to my taste - although I am sure there are many others out there.

Ugliest I have no idea, there are so many!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World