Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times

Advertisements

All of the Latin American countries are a mixed race for the most part.
I vote Mexico to have the most mixing of races.

"Mexico alone is truly mestizo: it is the only nation in the hemisphere where religious and political-as well as racial-mestizaje took place."
Alan Riding, Distant Neighbors: A Portrait of the Mexicans (New York: Vintage, 2000), page 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 04:48 AM

378 posts, read 625,994 times
Regardless of what you see in the U.S., I've heard the actual event of mixed couples having babies is small. I think I heard around 2% of White people in the country have kids with another race. It may be higher, but it's definitely still taboo in most people's minds.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:10 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I didn't think blacks and whites were getting along in that part of the world.
Blacks and whites have high tensions in America and that doesn't stop us from procreating with each other

Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
Regardless of what you see in the U.S., I've heard the actual event of mixed couples having babies is small. I think I heard around 2% of White people in the country have kids with another race. It may be higher, but it's definitely still taboo in most people's minds.
I see it so much in my circle of friends and family that it doesn't make me think twice. It's just people marrying other people and starting families.
However, I have relatives in the south who are surprised when they see mixed race couples. I guess they don't see it so much where they come from.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:54 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,147 times
Quote:
Fellow City-Data.com forummers, which nations across the globe have a large amount of miscegenation (race mixing) or increasing number of interracial couplings? Please provide facts and statistics if you have them.

By the way, this thread is not intended to cause any strife or aggitation, so please keep comments friendly and mature. Thanks.
The Caribbean islands.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:54 AM

286 posts, read 1,400,379 times
Venezuela maybe.... or Brazil

Old 11-09-2008, 03:44 PM

14 posts, read 27,294 times
Brazil. Uzbekistan.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM

18 posts, read 69,209 times
Quote:
I didn't think blacks and whites were getting along in that part of the world.
You would be very surprised. The number of mixed race people in SA (9% of the population) is almost as much as the white population (11%). In spite of the country's history, violent racial tensions and the laws in the books aimed at keeping the races separate, inter-racial relationships were not as uncommon as one would think.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Brazil, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Panama, etc...most places throughout the Americas...but much less in Canada and U.S., although they are changing quite a bit as well. Even in the U.S., there has been a lot of racial mixing, although nowhere near as much as everywhere south of the U.S.

Argentina and Chile seem to be exceptions however. For whatever reason, they seem to have an abstence of indigeneous population, and lacking mestizo as well...I don't know the history as to why. Same with Costa Rica. those three seem to be the Latin American exceptions.

Most everywhere else in the Americas is VERY MIXED. I think in U.S. & Canada, it would be California being the most mixed by far....but I think its changing throughout the continent with this generation being more open to interracial marriage, etc. Although nowhere near as open as everywhere south of the U.S. border.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
The Philippines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World