Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM

58 posts, read 139,690 times

Advertisements

In any big city in sweden you'll find loads of arabs and black people(NOT afroamericans)
The anti rasism thing here is almost fanatic, people from the middle east and Affrica can even be excused from crimes they've commited, since their culture should be "understood".

Just don't wave your american flag around the 4th of july or you might have to run for it in the wrong neighborhoods...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 PM

58 posts, read 139,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some races dont mix well with others. vikings were not good mixers. they were violent and liked to keep to themselves. self perception was im very cool. they really hated others and liked to hurt them. they were very envious of the wealth and prosperity of others. they did lots of home invasions. the indians in canada figured out they did not like arrows very much. last time i checked the indians in canada are not suffering from massive collective guilt about this discovery.
Vikings don't mix very well?
Vikings came from Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
If you can name ANY country that has so much benefits for people who seeks asylum, or for any other reason moves here from the 3rd worl or baltic countries, please name it, oh I forgot there is none...

The myth about vikings as ruthless piratish killers is greatly exaggerated. They mostly traded wares with other cultures. The whole "horns on the helmets" thing is also a myth, created by catholic priests/monks to inspire people to think of the vikings as demons or devils...

Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 PM

81 posts, read 246,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Dominican Republic along with other island/countries in the Caribbean- also South Africa
uhm, thanks to the fall of apartheid, mixed-race marriages (slightly more polite a term than miscegenation) actually exist now. thats only coz you dont get arrested for it now...so i'd say we're a bad example, coz they've only really existed for the past mmmmm.....14 or so years now....

Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 PM

51 posts, read 98,203 times
Canada

Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,790 posts, read 4,155,926 times
Can't imagine there is any country worse than the US.
I've been to other countries, and never seen so much as in America.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Some parts of the USA have high mixing. SoCal and the Great Pacific NW are places where there's decent amounts of mixing. North Side of Chicago.

Some parts of Canada, too. I had a relationship with a half Laotian, half German girl from Edmonton. When I went up to see her I saw all sorts of couples - Asian/White (larger amounts of Asian men with white women than I've ever seen, typically it's white man/asian woman where I am used to), Middle East/White, Middle East / Asian, Black/White ... pretty much anyone/anyone. In fact, according to Canada's last census, more than 20% of people said they were "mixed" in background, and only 40% said they were British Isles descended.

College campuses are also pretty mixed, though you don't usually get offspring.

But then again, it is all in the eye of the beholder. I am "white" but my ethnic background is, in descending order of genealogical ratio: Catholic Irish, Protestant Irish, British, Polish, German, and Swede. So if you look at it one way, I'm not mixed, another way, I am very mixed.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Vikings were doing the same things every other culture was doing, but since they weren't Christian, they were doing it for their demon ancestors and were, therefore, evil.

ABQConvict

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,416 times
Brazil

Old 03-16-2009, 02:11 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,240,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Some parts of the USA have high mixing. SoCal and the Great Pacific NW are places where there's decent amounts of mixing. North Side of Chicago.
SoCal and the Pacific Northwest...but not Northern California? I would say Northern California has much more mixing overall than the pacific northwest, and probably about the same as SoCal (California probably has the most mixing period in the US, would be my guess). Nearly every large city in the US will have tons of mixing though.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,168,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
SoCal and the Pacific Northwest...but not Northern California? I would say Northern California has much more mixing overall than the pacific northwest, and probably about the same as SoCal (California probably has the most mixing period in the US, would be my guess). Nearly every large city in the US will have tons of mixing though.
Why so much in Califronia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World