Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 06:32 PM

8,501 posts, read 6,918,302 times

Advertisements

Obviously in terms of actual numbers the good old United States. Miscegenation historically has rather negative overtones of racism doesn’t it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 01:41 PM

603 posts, read 575,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin331 View Post
South Asians (Indians/Pakistanis) are Caucasoid but are grouped with East Asians (Mongoloid) here in the United States for geographic - and not racial - reasons.

Again, Indians are Caucasian as are Europeans. Europeans, or "whites" as they are often labeled in the United States, are just light-skinned Caucasians. A child of an Indian parent and a European parent may be of mixed cultural/religious heritage, but is not of mixed racial heritage.
That's not quite correct; the Indian subcontinent is populated by two distinct people groups and divides roughly in half. The Aryans of the North are more closely related to European Caucasians while the Dravidians of South India have more in common with the peoples of the African continent, or perhaps Australian Aboriginals.

South Indian Phenotype:

https://img.chainimage.com/images/pe...ian-people.jpg

North Indian Phenotype:

https://www.boldsky.com/img/2014/12/...enthinking.jpg

Of course these pictures are quite classic and as in any group there is a degree of variation in individuals.

Last edited by elnina; 09-24-2021 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted

Old 09-24-2021, 02:24 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,391,999 times
A new study was released from Gallup Poll suggesting that 94% of Americans approve of interracial marriage. I kenw the number would be high, but 94% is about as close a consensus as I have ever seen on almost anything even remotely controversial in the US.

94% of Americans approve of interracial marriage

Old 09-25-2021, 04:16 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,051,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A new study was released from Gallup Poll suggesting that 94% of Americans approve of interracial marriage. I kenw the number would be high, but 94% is about as close a consensus as I have ever seen on almost anything even remotely controversial in the US.

94% of Americans approve of interracial marriage
The fact that this is still even a pertinent question in this world is a sad indication of the societies we're still living in

Old 09-28-2021, 02:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,391,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The fact that this is still even a pertinent question in this world is a sad indication of the societies we're still living in
Unfortunately xenophobia is intrinsic to the human condition, on a biological level, with some studies showing that even infants show preferences for people who look like them, somehow without even knowing what they themselves look like.

Anthropologists believe that xenophobia was a survival strategy stemming from when humans lived in small, highly competitive groups. The insanely huge, urban societies and ease of world travel we live with today are far removed from our evolutionary track.

It has taken a concerted cultural effort to come this far. I do think it is worth it, though.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:19 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,736,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

Argentina and Chile seem to be exceptions however. For whatever reason, they seem to have an abstence of indigeneous population, and lacking mestizo as well.
Chile is an almost completely Mestizo nation. This is a common misconception as many have very Native American features. In fact Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and even Cubans could be argued have proportionately more white people than Chile.

As for the US, I do believe it's more race obsessed but I don't believe it's more racist as a whole. Just as in Europe there are also huge variations between regions.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:24 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,051,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Chile is an almost completely Mestizo nation. This is a common misconception as many have very Native American features. In fact Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and even Cubans could be argued have proportionately more white people than Chile.

As for the US, I do believe it's more race obsessed but I don't believe it's more racist as a whole. Just as in Europe there are also huge variations between regions.
I completely agree with this.

Old 09-28-2021, 07:49 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,030,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post

Well that is debatable, as I used to work with a Chilean and she had light brown hair and blue eyes and and she would easily blend in many European countries as native to those countries . She said she is a Chilean of European background. Other Chileans I met don't have very Native American features and seems to have more European features than Native American features, yet some do. However the well off people more tend to be European background Chileans and could afford to move here in Australia. The Native Americans tend to be poorer and usually don't have the expenses to come to Australia. Yet there are exceptions.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:29 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,087,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Well the Khoisan people just like the Native Americans and Aboriginals suffered really hard by epidemics due to foreign settlers:

The Khoisan had no natural immunity to these imported diseases, and were hit hard by epidemics. In 1713, for example, an estimated 90 percent of the Khoisan population is thought to have been wiped out by smallpox. Moreover, the traditional lifestyles and cultures of distinct communities were often altered by intermarriage with different ethnic groups, especially in the Western Cape. There is evidence of intermarriage both between Khoikhoi and San populations and with colonial slave populations, as well as with Bantu-speaking farmers and white settlers. https://www.sahistory.org.za/article/khoisan-identity

Maybe before the European settlements before the 17th century of the Cape region the Khoisan were unmixed.
I’m saying the Khoikhoi who mixed with these Bantu, Whites and other populations almost wholly stopped identifying as Khoikhoi. The ones who stayed in the traditional lifestyle are mostly unmixed.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:24 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Fellow City-Data.com forummers, which nations across the globe have a large amount of miscegenation (race mixing) or increasing number of interracial couplings? Please provide facts and statistics if you have them.

By the way, this thread is not intended to cause any strife or aggitation, so please keep comments friendly and mature. Thanks.
Didn't that word become obsolete, relegated to the dustbin of history, where it belongs, back when that sort of thing became legal?

What's your interest in this topic, btw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World