Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which one would you live if you had the choice?
AUSTRALIA 35 31.53%
USA 76 68.47%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 PM

231 posts, read 333,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You guys probably have better looking oceans and beaches. but i don't think anywhere in the world comes close to the amount of farmland there is in the Midwest.
oh and we only have 290 million more people.
Why exactly is 290 million more people considered a good thing? It's like saying India and China are better cos they go into the billions, hell I miss the old days when Australia was even less populated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
My point been that not every one in the world wants to move to or has the desire to visit the USA. Everyone has their own tastes.
Yes i am sure most people are happy at their home country and that France and China (including Hong Kong and Macau) have more international tourist than the USA in 2013.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I'm quietly confident

as Razor said, nothing against the US, I have visited numerous times -- just no desire to live there. I would also choose Canada over US.
OH YEAH!! well i would choose New Zealand over Australia!!

Just kidding obviously, (nothing against NZ.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor217 View Post
Why exactly is 290 million more people considered a good thing? It's like saying India and China are better cos they go into the billions, hell I miss the old days when Australia was even less populated.
Idk its more of a power thing... Its kind of cool that there is another 300 plus million people that are the same nationality as you.
Myself, Warren Buffett, Katy Perry, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs are all American... aint that cool?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Idk its more of a power thing... Its kind of cool that there is another 300 plus million people that are the same nationality as you.
Myself, Warren Buffett, Katy Perry, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs are all American... aint that cool?
Some might consider it cool, others may not, every country In the world has celebrities, can't say the fact that Hugh jackman, Nicole Kidman etc are Aussies excites me, as I said I like the US just don't necessarily see it as better than Australia, or at least the reasons offered in this thread.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Some might consider it cool, others may not, every country In the world has celebrities, can't say the fact that Hugh jackman, Nicole Kidman etc are Aussies excites me, as I said I like the US just don't necessarily see it as better than Australia, or at least the reasons offered in this thread.
But what country has the most? shoot even Ohio probably has more big name celebrities than some countries.
Plus most of the celebrities from other countries have to move to America.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
But what country has the most? shoot even Ohio probably has more big name celebrities than some countries.
Plus most of the celebrities from other countries have to move to America.
But how does that make your country better than mine or anyone else's? All your celebrities come to Australia at some stage anyway lol. It means nothing to the average person.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
But how does that make your country better than mine or anyone else's? All your celebrities come to Australia at some stage anyway lol. It means nothing to the average person.
Its all a power thing.

I'm not saying my lifestyle is better and i am a better person because i am American... i am just saying my country is better.
Cultural influence is a big thing when it comes to power, makes a country look good when you have people all over the globe watching your movies.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Its all a power thing.

I'm not saying my lifestyle is better and i am a better person because i am American... i am just saying my country is better.
Cultural influence is a big thing when it comes to power, makes a country look good when you have people all over the globe watching your movies.
That's only one aspect of the US, which most of us get to enjoy anyway. Don't forget Hollywood gets criticism as well, a lot of your movies also get dumped on, a lot of your celebrities also have bad reputations. It doesn't bother me either way, but that opposing point of view is also valid. Power does not always = better.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
That's only one aspect of the US, which most of us get to enjoy anyway. Don't forget Hollywood gets criticism as well, a lot of your movies also get dumped on, a lot of your celebrities also have bad reputations. It doesn't bother me either way, but that opposing point of view is also valid. Power does not always = better.
Well yeah, because there is so many movies and celebrities.

I'm just touching base on some of the things America excels at. Cultural influence is a great achievement that i don't think should be ignored.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:

obviously

Quote:
LOL. Katy Perry. hahaa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World