Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:42 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Harry o
My husband is just like you. He'd be happy just going to somewhere in the Caribbean every time.
Hey Cil...i still long for the Caribbean. Tell your husband to stay away from the Pina Coladas if you'all go. LOL...Later !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 PM

905 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Thats a hard one to answer. I have several favorites. If I had to pick one I guess it would be Spain. I absolutely love Barcelona. Seville's historic area is pretty awesome too. Madrid, Cordoba, & Toledo are nice as well.
Someday I would like to see Tarragona, Costa Brava and the Basque area.
Figuring out how to attatch pics!! This one is from the Merci festival in Barclona. The festival was like a harvest festival, lot of fireworks, drums and wine!

Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 AM

578 posts, read 3,063,229 times
The USofA why because every state is different and there is so much to see, the US has it all , dessert, mountins, tropical and so on whichever tickles your fancy.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 AM

9 posts, read 30,985 times
Am biased but after travelling extensivelly Australia is hard to beat.
Is clean, safe, great cities and a great way of life.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 AM

12 posts, read 45,543 times
I love the US, such great states. No two states the same. But i did have a magnificent trip to India and an experience i would never forget. It is just so amazing and i am planning another trip there soon.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Spain is my favorite country so far. I loved the weather, the terrain, the semi-arrid climate, the culture, the people, the Mediterranean Sea. Loved Pamplona and the running of the bulls, Barcelona, Sitges, the mountains, the food. For me, I felt at home. Loved Spain!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Spain is my favorite country so far. I loved the weather, the terrain, the semi-arrid climate, the culture, the people, the Mediterranean Sea. Loved Pamplona and the running of the bulls, Barcelona, Sitges, the mountains, the food. For me, I felt at home. Loved Spain!
Wisteria, did you ever get to see the Monasterio de Piedra near Calatayd? (Between Madrid and Zaragoza? Awesome waterfalls and wonderfully refreshing ponds...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
No, I didn't, but I do want to go back. I'm hoping to bring my daughter with me this time because she just returned from six months in Chile, and is now tuned into the Spanish culture (Chile being more Castilian Spanish). I wish I had had more time to investigate every nook and cranny of Spain. Such a beautiful country, and I'd love to retire there someday.

I don't know if people here subscribe to EscapeAmerica.com, but they have a great e-magazine that comes out once a month. Lots of great info on other countries, properties, lifestyles, etc. http://www.escapeartist.com/ Here is the direct link to the current issue of the magazine:

http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/89/efam89.html

Such a big and beautiful world to explore!!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 14,780 times
I like China, because in China, I can eat many kinds of delicious food, another, i can see the panda(national treasure of China).

Old 04-27-2007, 11:59 PM

6 posts, read 18,517 times
U.S.A. (of course), Israel (close second), Australia (wonderful people), Japan (lived there for three years plus), Burma (lived ther for a year... great people, but horrible government).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World