Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 06:10 AM

3,782 posts, read 5,327,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronewark View Post
Canada is very appealing to me. There is something about it that gives me a sense of fresh air in many of the social issues we struggle in the US, but then again, it could be just a feeling and nothing but a feeling. If I had lots of money not needing to work for a living I would move to Lisbon, Portugal, my favorite cosmopolitan city. The New York area has been my adopted home for more than 30 years and I love it with all its imperfections.
Hmmm, fresh air....just a feeling. That could be the -20C that you are feeling about Canada!! At that temperature, the air certainly does feel fresh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM

52 posts, read 120,557 times
I would totally move to Brazil - probably Bahia or Florianopolis. =D

Those are some of the most greatest places that I have ever been, wish I could go back.

The weather is so sunny and hot and tropical feeling.
The culture is beautiful, the language and accents are amazing.
The people are some of the friendliest and nicest people I have ever met.
The food is to die for, so yummy. Vatapa and Bobo de Camarao, yummmmmy. =D
They have palm trees and Samba, lol.
The beaches are beautiful and sparkling, the ocean is amazing.
The surf is so awesome..

I would move there in a heart beat...

I would also love to live in Australia, though. Maybe Gold Coast or Surfer's Paradise, or Sydney. =)

Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 PM

12 posts, read 55,299 times
Hi Teak, it is cold in Canada that's for sure!

Talking about the good weather in Brasil,
I would love to live in Huila, up the mountains from Namibia, Angola in Africa. I stayed there for a year and it was the best, most confortable weather I've had anywhere!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,208 times
Belgium - small european country, with good level of economic development and living standard

Old 09-03-2009, 06:35 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Japan is out of the recession last month before the US, so better than the USA.

Tokyo was ranked 3rd best city to live in the world (and #1 megalopolis to live) by international lifestyle magazine monocle. #1 and #2 were zurich and copenhagen. Fukouka and Kyoto also made the list

Top 25 Most Liveable Cities 2009 - Monocle - PSFK
I noticed that the only American city that made the top-25 is Honolulu. Not that it's any surprise. Japan, Western Europe, Canada, and Australia all have a better quality of life compared to the U.S. due to their lower crime rates and less anger and hostility towards one another.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 AM

11 posts, read 67,136 times
Spain for sure!

Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 PM

30 posts, read 89,052 times
Canada
France
United Kindong
Australia
Germany
Norway

Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1990 View Post
United Kindong
Not sure I want to know.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:08 AM

3,782 posts, read 5,327,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronewark View Post
Hi Teak, it is cold in Canada that's for sure!

Talking about the good weather in Brasil,
I would love to live in Huila, up the mountains from Namibia, Angola in Africa. I stayed there for a year and it was the best, most confortable weather I've had anywhere!
Brasil is certainly the happening place in the Americas right now, that is for sure. It is one of the up-and-coming economies, with both oil and farm products stabilising it from the downturn that hit other places. I have read about the NE coastal areas, which seem to have less crime than Rio. Uruguay also has been written up about a bit lately.

I can't say that Africa holds me any interest given the fact that whites are having their land taken away in the name of native rights.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 AM

895 posts, read 2,366,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I noticed that the only American city that made the top-25 is Honolulu. Not that it's any surprise. Japan, Western Europe, Canada, and Australia all have a better quality of life compared to the U.S. due to their lower crime rates and less anger and hostility towards one another.
And honolulu has alot of japanese LOL. But im not saying thats why :P. I think in general they have a longer lifespan etc. I've been to hawaii and it's nice. I think the best places in the US are some parts in california, Pacific northwest and Honolulu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World