Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 AM

994 posts, read 1,830,486 times

Advertisements

Brazil.

It's just my style. I love places with diverse populations, with many large cities beautiful cities and great weather. It also seems the people are very friendly, family orientied and very happy. Just the music alone from Brazil puts a smile on my face. In general I love South America and that's is where I would want to go. In Chile, I found it beautiful and with a great standard of living. However, it wasn't very dynamic or exciting. I think it's place I would like when I am over 50 to live in.

As for Argentina, the opposite of Chile, more fast paced and dynamic and while the people were nice, they were all a little too in themselves for my tastes. Felt like I was in Miami.

As for Ecuador, beautiful country, love the people, but more or less the same complaints as Chile, only with a lower standar of living. Colombia is also great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Brazil.

It's just my style. I love places with diverse populations, with many large cities beautiful cities and great weather. It also seems the people are very friendly, family orientied and very happy. Just the music alone from Brazil puts a smile on my face. In general I love South America and that's is where I would want to go. In Chile, I found it beautiful and with a great standard of living. However, it wasn't very dynamic or exciting. I think it's place I would like when I am over 50 to live in.

As for Argentina, the opposite of Chile, more fast paced and dynamic and while the people were nice, they were all a little too in themselves for my tastes. Felt like I was in Miami.

As for Ecuador, beautiful country, love the people, but more or less the same complaints as Chile, only with a lower standar of living. Colombia is also great.
That sums up my feeling on ALL of those places - having been to Chile, Argentina, Ecuador and Brazil.

One place I wasn't able to spend much time in was Miami, although I have visited for a day or two. I liked it a lot. However, I have heard of that 'into themselves'. Something which is the opposite of Brazilians. Which is making me realize I might not like Miami after all.

Brazil is great though! It's the people that makes it so great.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 AM

994 posts, read 1,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That sums up my feeling on ALL of those places - having been to Chile, Argentina, Ecuador and Brazil.

One place I wasn't able to spend much time in was Miami, although I have visited for a day or two. I liked it a lot. However, I have heard of that 'into themselves'. Something which is the opposite of Brazilians. Which is making me realize I might not like Miami after all.

Brazil is great though! It's the people that makes it so great.
I mean I could live in any of those countries easily and would love too. It's just Brazil has so many aspects that the U.S. (diverse, a lot of big cities, big country, good music and movies, etc.) has but culturally fits more to my style.

Miami is a great city no doubt. After Chicago, Miami is where I would move in the U.S. As a person of Carribbean, South American and Eurpoean eithnicites I would fit in their perfectally and has more or less my "type" of people. It's just a lot of people (not all) think they are God's gift to the world. Kind of like Buenos Aires. I remember when the big financial crisis happened in Argentina, my friend went to visit, she said that even though there were shortages of food and what not people kept buying fur coats and fashionable items even if they almost had no money. Someone then told her "People rather starve to death here than actually look bad."

Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
why would i want to live in america? where else would i rather live? oh i dont know let me pick up and throw a dart

Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 PM

15 posts, read 29,472 times
I'm American but I dream to live in Japan.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:38 PM

95 posts, read 196,658 times
Canada

Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,269 times
I am always amazed when people who have never set foot in any given country or have spent some kind of extended vacation in said country (wherever it is, nowhere specific) say they would like to live there!
I take it that most have very high expectations, and it is usually a disappointment bc most places on Earth can only deliver so much...

For a year or two, maybe... but forever, with so little/limited knowledge?!
Oh well, to each his own.

There are certainly places I would like to live in, but I know them quite well. There are also others I would like to spend an extended period of time in (to get to know them better), and make a decision only after a long while.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM

30 posts, read 60,290 times
In Asia, Okinawa.
In Europe, Spain

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,235,124 times
Canada
Australia
Holland
Denmark
Switzerland
UK
Austria

Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 PM

567 posts, read 1,622,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Brazil.

Brazil for me too becasue that's where my wife is from and we already have lots of family there and even a place to stay .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World