Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM

104 posts, read 491,613 times

Advertisements

I'm also 52... so far this is my list.
CANADA: BC, AB, MB, ON, QC, NS, NB
US: VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, DE, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, TX, UT, CA, IL, IN, MI
EUROPE: Scotland, England, France, Switzerland, Netherland, Spain incl Majorca.
AFRICA: Egypt
also, Australia, Tahiti, Mexico, Martinique, Bermuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
I have been to Finland.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
There was a recent topic in the World forum with the title "How Well Traveled Are You?” but that topic seemed to briefly disappear from the forum page? This topic is similar enough to that so I’ll have this post up here instead for now:

These are the countries I visited so far, 8 countries total:

France, UK/England, Romania, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Mexico, USA, Canada.

The specific places I visited so far in each of those countries:

France: Paris, Versailles.

UK/England: London.

Romania: Bucharest, Constanta, Tuzla, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Vama Veche, Carpathian mountains, Sinaia, Brasov.

Bulgaria: Varna, Balchic, Burgas. Kavarna.

Costa Rica: San Jose, Jaco, Quepos, Arenal National Park, Braulio Carrilo National Park.

Mexico: Cancun, Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Coba, Yucatan Peninsula.

USA: Seattle, Portland, Pacific Northwest, North Cascades National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, Big Sur, Coastal California, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, New York City, Vermont, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston.

Canada: Montreal, Quebec, British Columbia, Vancouver, Whistler, Garibaldi Provincial Park. Cypress Provincial Park, Lions Bay.

I am well traveled enough for being 21 years old, and compared to a significant amount of Americans/some other nationalities. I have a lot more life and years of my life to travel later on and do want to travel more.

I know very well exactly what I want to get from traveling, everything to look for, and all the places I want to go in.

In the next 5 years these are the next 4 international trips I plan to go on to add to my travels:

1. A lot more of France, at least some of these places: Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Cannes, Grenoble, Chamonix, French Alps, Pyrenees, Vanoise National Park, Toulouse, Lille, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Bayonne, Nantes, Montpellier, Rhone-Alpes, Provence Cote d’Azur, Ile-de-France Paris again, Midi-Pyrenees, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Languedoc-Roussillion, Aquitaine, Alsace, Corsica, Reunion, New Caledonia, French Polynesia.

2. France again, Netherlands, Belgium, UK again in the same international trip.

3. Romania, Bulgaria again, also Turkey, Georgia in the same trip.

4. Thailand, or China.

Maybe up to 14 countries in the next 5 years, age 26. Also, maybe up to 18 countries: age 30, 35 countries:age 40, and 50 countries: age 50.

Some people can be very knowledgeable, wise, and worldly without having to be more well traveled than someone else, and also having a lot of accurate, specific, well-informed opinions about a lot of various important World topics. That is true even for some places not traveled to yet for plenty of reasons. Those opinions can be based from reading about those places, seeing pictures of those places, other people’s views that they noticed, and if someone has good perception and intuition for how they observe.

Last edited by ; 02-05-2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:59 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,315,369 times
places I travel to in the past are USA : New York , Orlando & Miami , Florida.
Europe : Denmark , Norway , Sweden , Germany , Belgium , Netherlands , France , Luxembourg , UK.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
I took a job with an airline straight out of college. I thought it would be fun to work there a year or two. 23.5 years later I was able to take early retirement. The flight perks have let me see the world for which I feel very fortunate. Travel gives one a great perspective on life! It has made me thankful to live in the US. It reminds me every day not to take things for granted. It is truely a BIG and amazing world out there!

So here goes, in the US: Vt, NY, Ma, Pa, Md, DC, Oh, Tn, Va, WVa, SC, Ga, Fl, Al, La, Tx, Ks, Nv, Az, Co, Ca, Or, Wa, Ut, Mn, Il, Ha, USVI. 72+ cities and towns.

Favorite US cities: San Franciso, Boston, Seattle.

Countries: Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, Bermuda, England, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovinia, Croatia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Turkey, Thailand, & Australia.

Favorite World Cities: Barcelona, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Ljubliana, Slovenia, Dubrovnik, Croatia.

Best Food: Thailand and Italy

Best Islands: Koh Phi Phi, Thailand and Bermuda.

Highlights: Hearing Arenal Volcano erupt in Costa Rica. Merci Festival in Barcelona. Sunset sitting on a cliff in Sagres, Portugal. All the people I have met.
USA: PA, MD, NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA, FL, CO, WY, CA, VT, DC, DE, KS, WI (and I am not mentioning states that I just changed planes in transit).

Favorite US city to visit is probably San Francisco (where I also lived and worked for a short period of time).

Countries: USA, Canada, England, Wales, France, Israel (including the Sinai Desert which is part of Egypt but at that time was under Israeli control), Jordan, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland/Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Vatican City, Germany, Luxembourg, Monaco, Ecuador, China, Botswana, South Africa, Australia.

Best islands that I visited were the Galapagos Islands which are part of Ecuador and it was also great visiting Tasmania in Australia.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM

994 posts, read 1,237,200 times
I've been lucky enough to travel to over 30 countries in my 27 years of life - or rather, in my ten or so years of adulthood, as we didn't really travel abroad when I was a child. I've been to the US, Japan, Malaysia, Brunei, Egypt, and the majority of countries in Europe. Many of them, however, I have only visited for a short time.

It's extremely easy to sound well-travelled if you're from Europe, for the obvious reason that it's a region comprised of lots of small countries. A Luxembourger could feasibly go for breakfast in Germany, lunch in Belgium and dinner in France, and still be tucked up under their tax-efficient duvet before midnight. People from the US are often unfairly treated as poorly travelled by Europeans whose travelling is only the outcome of the large number of borders that happen to be drawn across their region of the world.

I also strongly agree with the other poster who said that being widely travelled doesn't necessarily equate to a good understanding of the world. Some people travel widely without ever making outside of the tourist/expat bubble, or indeed outside of their own egos, while others learn a great deal about the world from reading, or talking to foreigners visiting or living in their own country. I certainly fee that there I countries I've visited that I know little about.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
Lol, "easy to sound well travelled"

It isn't a contest! Most people travel for the enjoyment.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
I've travelled to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, USA, Canada, China, UAE and Brunei.

There are so many other countries I would like to visit, probably the first priorities would be New Zealand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan and Brazil.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM

492 posts, read 1,009,038 times
I have travelled to Colombia, Panama, Jamaica, the UK, and Costa Rica.

I am currently studying abroad in Brazil!

I plan on travelling to more countries in Latin America, as soon as I conquer Spanish after Portuguese! I'm also dying to visit Africa, especially Angola, Mozambique, South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria (although I'd wait until it was safer), Cape Verde, ad Morocco.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
US states: every state (and PR) except NC, NE, NM, ME, VT, NH.

Favorite US cities: New Orleans, San Francisco, Savannah

Countries: Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, U.K., Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Monaco, Italy, Spain, Vatican City, San Marino, Spain, and Portugal.

Favorite World Cities: London, Venice, Seville, Paris

Best Food: New Orleans

Best Islands: Maui, Vancouver Island

Highlights: Having all the church bells ring as the vaporetto left Venice as the sun was setting, the last time I was there. The museums, and all of the wonderful works of art.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World