Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 PM

10 posts, read 23,797 times

Advertisements

has anybody recognised how easy it is to spot an american tourist on holiday? i mean they have no clue and make tem look very obvious to thieves. i once had to tell a fat american man that there were bulgarian watching him and he should be scared.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
...actually, there are more Romanians and Albanians....you sound like a little French Fry without flavor...

Last edited by Cougar31; 02-16-2009 at 11:44 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisien17 View Post
has anybody recognised how easy it is to spot an american tourist on holiday? i mean they have no clue and make tem look very obvious to thieves. i once had to tell a fat american man that there were bulgarian watching him and he should be scared.
Well its easy to spot French tourists in the US. They are the ones that are smoking up a storm and are rude, arrogant and unfriendly to everyone. Prime target for thieves let me tell you.

Am I stereotyping? Are you?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Well its easy to spot French tourists in the US. They are the ones that are smoking up a storm and are rude, arrogant and unfriendly to everyone. Prime target for thieves let me tell you.

Am I stereotyping? Are you?
I completely agree and I am French !
Stereotypes really do get up my nose whether against my own Nationality or others.

Actually I find most Americans in Europe tend to be quite slim and usually very well dressed too.

I find it embarrassing that we still resort to stupid cliches about each other's nations.

Tourists in general wherever you go tend to be obvious targets for crime simply because they look or sound different.

They tend to not pay as much attention to their surroundings and being on holiday have a propensity to relax ( heaven forbid! ) and maybe let their guard down. This goes for ANY nationality.

Some people do really need to grow up and realise that we are all the same. None of us have a monopoly on smartness, niceness or gorgeousness...

I abhor when Americans stereotype French people as being rude and arrogant just as I abhor when some ill behaved French person stereotypes Americans for being fat or loud. Neither stereotype is true. Neither is the one about Bulgarians being thieves.

No wonder wars are fought when such churlish behaviour is seen as acceptable. Can't we all just show a bit of respect towards each other just for a change ?

If Parisien17 is truly French then quite frankly he/she is an embarrassment to my country of birth and it shames me by association.

Some people need to grow up and stop behaving like uncouth, ill mannered toddlers with all the social graces of a baboon's butt.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Moderator's Note:

Succinctly and illustratively phrased, Mooseketeer.

Now let's all agree to not feed this little troll anymore so he can crawl back under his bridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World