Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:19 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,712 times

Advertisements

In your opinion which country has the best pizzas?

I'll vote for Brazil, I loooove the pizzas in this country much more tasty and delicious than any other pizzas I've tried elsewhere, I'm devouring one as I type this hehe

I'm talking of pizzas of small restaurants, not of franchises like domino's, hut, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,682 times
Brazil does make good pizza, especially the "frango com catupiry" or chicken pizza with catupiry cheese. I like New York pizza just as much In New York City, we call them "pies" Chicago has some great deep dish pizzas, I love them all!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Brazil does make good pizza, especially the "frango com catupiry" or chicken pizza with catupiry cheese. I like New York pizza just as much In New York City, we call them "pies" Chicago has some great deep dish pizzas, I love them all!
Catupiry rocks huh? it's one of my brazilian vices, that and Pao de queijo (cheese bread)

Old 04-25-2009, 01:45 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,682 times
I am Brazilian-American so I am familiar with pao de queijo also I would recommend the Brazilian gorgonzola cheese pizza also. I have never found gorgonzola cheese pizza anywhere here in the States

Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am Brazilian-American so I am familiar with pao de queijo also I would recommend the Brazilian gorgonzola cheese pizza also. I have never found gorgonzola cheese pizza anywhere here in the States
That's awesome, me neither hehe, I'm Mexican but I'm also brazilian at heart, nobody notices I'm a gringo (as they call us foreigners here) I love this awesome country I come at least once a year, and I lived here for 2 years, muito prazer

Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,680,552 times
Italy. Good pizza can be found in the United States, Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil due to the influence of Italian immigrants to those areas. As for the gorgonzola pizza, it is DELICIOUS and I make it once and a while at home here in NYC. I never see it anywhere so that is why I have to make it myself!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 PM

23,243 posts, read 29,093,501 times
If I could afford it, I'd fly to Chicago just for one reason and one reason only: to eat the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten. I've eaten pizza in Italy, New York, various places in South America, but, for me, Chicago will always be my favorite. That melt-in-your-mouth cheese! Where does it come from?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:38 AM

5,061 posts, read 7,511,826 times
Cambodia, for the "Special" ingrediants they throw on the top.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:43 AM

9,381 posts, read 14,336,807 times
My house. Lately Sicilian style.

Best pizzas I've had were in family-run bakeries in Milan, but the owners were from the south and Sardinia, and of course Sicily.

Family-style bakeries were already dying out in northern Italy in the 1990s, it was hard to find fresh bread in many towns, by now they are probably already dead.

Even in some southern towns I saw franchise-type bread and pizza shoppes, horrible, not to mention that the young people who worked there didn't seem to know what they were doing, much less care.

DO NOT ABANDON THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS!

Therefore, again, my house.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:44 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,644,854 times
Napolitan or Sicilian Pizza. In Italy. No contest. Thin base, wood oven and very simple with a perfect blend of tomato "passata" base, Mozzarella di Bufala and maybe some torn basil or thyme. Perfection is one simple package. No extraneous ingredient and heaven on earth.

What passes for pizzas in most places is to me a disgrace, at best a very place imitation of the real thing. France surprisingly does very nice Pizzas as long as they stick to the simple formula ( the tomato base is crucial IMO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World