Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 02:47 AM

9 posts, read 22,357 times

Advertisements

im wondering which country has the best economy.im from ireland and as everyone knows its depressing recession.i have no job since last year and its really tough.im mid twenties female and i want to make a life for myself.any advice of where to go to get work easily.my profession is clerical and receptionist.my spoken language is english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 AM

9,390 posts, read 14,342,852 times
First of all, learn how to write proper English, including appropriate capitalization, the appropriate use of apostrophes and hyphens, and spaces after periods, among other things. I certainly would not hire you in view of your sub-par grammar skills, it appears that you learned English through cell phone texting.

In any case, all countries' economies have been caught up in this downturn. Basically the problem is that there are too many geographical mismatches of demographics and of production and consumption, not to mention political struggles for control over resources and income streams.

Perhaps of greatest concern in this context, while corruption is a basic part of life, the US, possibly one of the least corrupt countries relatively speaking, is going through a period of kleptocracy: the US ruling classes have abandoned the responsibility of managing productive enterprises on their own soil and they are focusing on pillaging wealth, first off from their own citizens, and then from anyone else in the world that they possibly can.

Among other things, globalization means that significant swathes of the world's population are fully entering into the industrial revolution for the first time, while the populations of the countries of early industrialization are, almost literally, running out of gas.

Most, if not all, of the latter are in recession, while the so-called emerging economies, such as China and India, and maybe a few other Asian and Latin American economies, notably Brazil, are still growing, though at a slower pace than, say, two years ago.

Finally, nothing worthwhile in life is easy, and you must be competitive in this brave new world.

Realize that there are many young women in India, for example, who have a better command of the English language than you and who can do the same clerical work for much less pay.

That is the reality.

Therefore, the best economy is the one within yourself, manage it properly and you will be competitive.

Good luck!

Old 05-09-2009, 09:06 AM

114 posts, read 391,711 times
Add education- The more education one has the better chance of moving forward.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 AM

first of all bale002.thank you for your help.but if you insist on being rude about my grammar please keep your comments to yourself! Afterall this is not an interview im applying for, just looking for advice!

Now for 'pioti', my education- i completed 2years in an office course and received a certificate.have had over 4 years work experience and at the moment i am completing a night course in bookeeping.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,909,680 times
Your chances of getting a job in a country where you don't speak the local language are minimal. So, realistically, your options are England, Scotland or Wales unless you learn an additional language. Alternatively you could go for a working holiday visa for Canada, Australia or New Zealand - I think they are only good for 12 months or so but still - it would be an adventure.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 PM

well i have a one year working holiday visa granted for canada but i hear the economy is up and down there too

Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 PM

8 posts, read 8,035 times
Sweden is stable as always.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM

really? What is it like to live there? Or do you come from there

Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM

197 posts, read 379,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Perhaps of greatest concern in this context, while corruption is a basic part of life, the US, possibly one of the least corrupt countries relatively speaking, is going through a period of kleptocracy: the US ruling classes have abandoned the responsibility of managing productive enterprises on their own soil and they are focusing on pillaging wealth, first off from their own citizens, and then from anyone else in the world that they possibly can.

Most, if not all, of the latter are in recession, while the so-called emerging economies, such as China and India, and maybe a few other Asian and Latin American economies, notably Brazil, are still growing, though at a slower pace than, say, two years ago.
i'm hijacking this thread, i know, but coming from some one who lives in the US, and is informed, unlike the mass majority of the people, the US is VERY corrupt. People are lied to and cheated on a daily basis, and propaganda is a part of daily life, of which, no one understand, or that masses don't even know they are being lied to every day. Also, most South American countries have emerging economies as well, so if you speak Spanish, that might be worth checking out. On immigration, it seams the only way to enter a country is illegally, or you must have a lot of money. Unless you immigrate to the US, in which it is very easy for most anyone. Really though, getting a work visa, if you can, is your best bet. Once your working in a country you'll have a better chance of being able to apply for citizenship.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,873,759 times
Just read an article about this this week in the New York Times. It's Norway... I think it was the only country that had economic growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World