Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is better to live United States or Australia?
United States 110 53.66%
Australia 58 28.29%
Stay in UK 15 7.32%
Other 22 10.73%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

The east coast of the U.S. is more urban and developed than any similar stretch in Australia. In fact, the east coast has more than twice the population and economy as all of Australia. This is just to put things into perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFoxx View Post
How many do they class as a family for healthcare?
I don't believe there's any limit as to number - family is parent(s) with children under 21, or children up to 25 if they are attending university full-time. And none of them can be married or in a de-facto relationship, no matter what their age.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 AM

36 posts, read 212,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I don't believe there's any limit as to number - family is parent(s) with children under 21, or children up to 25 if they are attending university full-time. And none of them can be married or in a de-facto relationship, no matter what their age.
Thats helpful info thanks alot.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
I have not read all these posts, so sorry if I am repeating someone else, but do not move to the US. America is moving backwards, not forwards. We soon will have universal health care, that not only are we taxed to death on, along with everything else, the government is forcing you to buy their healthcare packages, or pay a fine. We are lossing liberties here. There are no jobs here, therefore crime is getting worse than it ever was, AND they are cutting police like mad. At least where I am.
We want to leave and are looking at OZ for us to go....

Old 05-28-2010, 02:21 AM

36 posts, read 212,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I have not read all these posts, so sorry if I am repeating someone else, but do not move to the US. America is moving backwards, not forwards. We soon will have universal health care, that not only are we taxed to death on, along with everything else, the government is forcing you to buy their healthcare packages, or pay a fine. We are lossing liberties here. There are no jobs here, therefore crime is getting worse than it ever was, AND they are cutting police like mad. At least where I am.
Thats new and that dont seem to be good then, i know there are more jobs going for Australia then the US at the moment.
What state you living in if you dont mind me asking?
Not sure what state to go to, but have in mind New Hampshire and New Jersey, but its so hard to get the pros and cons for both and what they are like to live as for jobs, public transport, taxes, shopping, crime, schools and cost of living.
Ive tried hard looking at the information for both of them everyday, just incase there is something im missing, but its nice to get information from people who live in them places and can compare overall.
Its easyer to get information on Australia then the US at the moment, but just dont want to make a mistake.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times
A high minimum wage does not help bring more money unless you are completely unskilled. In fact when you have to pay a person more than their skills demand you will have in turn to pay the highly skilled person less. Based on a previous post that may in fact be the case in Australia (I have not been there)

Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM

11 posts, read 18,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
sorry kid but looks like the American depression already reached its lowest point, since 2011 it has been rebounding like mad, the stock market is back to normal, housing is back to normal and is booming, almost every major city that stopped growing is growing again (chicago, Cleveland..), the unemployment rate went down dramatically, the economy is now stronger than ever, china is sending its production back to america like Apple who closed a factory in china and opened one in america, manufacturing jobs started growing again since the decline in the early 90s...i could go on and on.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,470 times
Default You can buy a gun leagally in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibi12 View Post
What is your reason for leaving australia? I think australia and US in general are very similar countries, even the urban lay out of the cities is nearly the same. Though according to many studies your quality of life is higher in australia. But it depends what sort of job you have lined up. If you have a masters or PHD you will live better in the US since wages are better, if not US will be more expensive (healthcare etc).
In most U.S. cities you can still shoot a home invader.
.and you share in the responsibility/mistake if you shoot your self or family by accident.
In England and Austrailia I'm not sure.........In London I've heard you just beg
and hope the cops hear you crying...as you get robbed and raped by a home invader.
Probably safer in Jail.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 PM

Default The Jobs and States and cost of living and quality of life?

Quote:
I know there is alot of states, but can you name any that is good?
Anyone else that can tell me any good states as well is welcome.
ARE You going to be working? Will you be open to nosy neighbors or get lost in a big city

Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM

Default At the present time there is voluntary SERIVICE......

Quote:
Just reading up on some information about moving to the states and it says about " register with the selective service"... do you need to do this?
As our family don't want to go into the military.
Can someone please tell me?
.........there have been millions force to go to war........and it could happen again... but as it works right now and into the foreseeable future there
is no DRAFT... but they want your mane just in case they change their minds in Washington... it could happen anywhere, anytime. During the last Draft some people just moved to CANADA. BOTTOM line go where you have family , friends good jobs, teach the young ones to read .... you can do anything you really want to in the USA...but you have to work and be as smart as possible.......study GOOGLE .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World