U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The best Airport in the world?
Hong Kong International 7 20.00%
Singapore Changi Airport 3 8.57%
Indianapolis International Airport (USA) 0 0%
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (Malaysia) 0 0%
Dubai international airport 1 2.86%
Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport (USA) 0 0%
Munich Airport (Germany) 0 0%
Zurich Airport (Switzerland) 2 5.71%
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (Finland) 0 0%
Portland International Airport (USA) 0 0%
Copenhagen Airport (Denmark) 2 5.71%
Seoul Incheon International Airport (South Korea) 2 5.71%
Toronto Pearson International (Canada) 1 2.86%
Seattle International Airport (USA) 3 8.57%
Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport (USA) 1 2.86%
San Diego International Airport (USA) 0 0%
Cape Town International Airport (South Africa) 0 0%
Schipol International Airport (Amsterdam) 2 5.71%
Rio de Janeiro Airport (Brazil) 0 0%
Other (Please specify in message) why? 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM

486 posts, read 928,037 times

Advertisements

From all the airports you have been to which ones is the nicest/cleanest?
I understand the last thing we want when we travel is to look the airport itself, but some do make us feel more at ease. If you had to choose which one would it be? Why?

I personally like Hong Kong International, it's absolutetly beautiful, inexpensive, well kept and easy to find your way around.

Last edited by gf1025; 06-05-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 PM
ako

140 posts, read 319,390 times
Definitely the Hong Kong International Airport and Bangkok's Airport. They're both so clean it's unreal.

Although the AC in both airports are COLD.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:43 PM

18,264 posts, read 8,114,540 times
Indianapolis International Airport. They just built a brand new $1B airport that is very luxurious and comfortable.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:18 AM

12 posts, read 47,363 times
Kuala Lumpur International Airport is good, and so is Schipol Airport in Amsterdam.. So clean and easy to find your way around.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 AM

10,791 posts, read 8,136,570 times
Singapore's Changi was clean and very interesting the last time I was there - 18 months ago. Hong Kong was so clean it was almost sterile. Not as interesting as Singapore's though, which had more life to it.

Just went through Denver International this past trip and that's a beautiful airport - outside and in.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:10 AM

85 posts, read 228,622 times
Dubai international airport.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 PM

486 posts, read 928,037 times
Since we are coming with quite a nice list of Airports I'm thinking: should I make this a poll? Maybe open another thread for the worst airport as well? What do you guys/gals think?
If so please help me come up with a list of good and bad airports for the poll?
For bad: Heathrow -- London, As much as I hate to say this because I'm from NY -- La Guardia Airport is NOTORIOUS for the terrible delays and so is JFK, Logan International in Boston is atrocious! Security is a mess. Another airport I wasn't too crazy about was Nassau International in the Bahamas (to be fair though, the last time I was there was in 2006).

On the list of good ones: San Diego International is small but easy to get around and pretty clean as well. Toronto Pearson International is nice, to me, at least. I also liked smaller airports in Canada like Greater Moncton International Airport.

Last edited by gf1025; 06-06-2009 at 02:47 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 02:46 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,165,022 times
dont know about best but for me charles de gaulle (paris) is terrible...

Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM

5,008 posts, read 11,589,852 times
Phoenix airport is well kept, fast through security, has SW American & Hispanic stuff all around, which I dig, and well organized despite the fact the car rental place is off-campus - you have to take a shuttle bus there.

Seattle's airport is trying to be better. Horrible traffic and ancient parking structures that are an eyesore are there, BUT they have a new light rail line going downtown & the South side, and security and everything afterward is easy. Just don't arrive in International arrivals. You really feel like you're entering The Empire, with a dismissive and rude attitude.

Narita @ Tokyo was pretty nice, and even without my wife before I knew Japanese I could stumble through conversations, in English. There's also a killer viewing deck for checking out airplane landings / taking off. You couldn't do that in The Empire, since everyone's worried about terrorists and what the gun loving Southerners would do if they actually could smuggle a gun in.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 AM

339 posts, read 1,114,824 times
I'm a frequent user of Hong Kong airport - it's lovely. Bright, super-efficient, helpful staff, clean, great restaurants. Most of the major airports in asia are pretty good.

Changi airport in Singapore is almost unarguably the best in the world. Where else will they give transit passengers a free city tour, have great restaurants, bars, free wireless, a swimming pool, movies, music pods, xbox/PS3s, snooze areas, hairdressers, massages, a rooftop garden (amongst other gardens). It's almost a destination in itself!

The worst I've been to would be LAX and Paris CDG. What a nightmare CDG is. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World