Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst airport in the world? (feel free to share stories)
Charles de Gaulle International Airport (Paris, France) 23 14.11%
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (The Philippines) 5 3.07%
Frankfurt Airport (Germany) 6 3.68%
Luang Prabang Airport (Laos) 0 0%
Brasilia International Airport (Brazil) 0 0%
Malaga Airport (Spain) 1 0.61%
Nice Airport (France) 0 0%
Baghdad International Airport (Iraq) 7 4.29%
Mineralnye Vody Airport (Russia) 0 0%
Domodedovo International (Sheremyetovo, Moscow) 1 0.61%
Indira Gandhi International Airport (India) 3 1.84%
Heathrow Airport (London, England) 11 6.75%
Aden Adde International Airport (Somalia) 5 3.07%
El Nohza Airport (Alexandria, Egypt) 1 0.61%
Los Angeles International -- LAX (USA) 27 16.56%
Chicago O'Hare International (USA) 10 6.13%
Newark/LGA & JFK (Since they are all about the same!) -- USA 17 10.43%
Miami International Airport (USA) 13 7.98%
Boston Logan International Airport (USA) 3 1.84%
Other (Which? Why?) 30 18.40%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
I'm shocked nobody didn't say, "JFK."
I think LGA is much worse than JFK -_- but still not the worst in America... that probably goes to MIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 PM

486 posts, read 983,656 times
I bunched Newark, LGA and JFK together because my experience with all 3 has been about the same. PRETTY BAD!!
The worst was with Newark as they sent my luggage to the wrong airport and left me stranded at my destination for 2 days without luggage. LGA and JFK are always delayed, LGA seems to be worse than JFK for me though. However, nothing worst than Logan, they are RUDE! The security was a mess too. I actually don't mind LAX, it wasn't a hassle at all.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times
Default BA grounds Moscow airport

I was right!

BA grounds Moscow airport - Europe, Travel - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/ba-grounds-moscow-airport-591468.html - broken link)

"....plans have been under way to improve the lives of long-suffering travellers to Russia's capital. Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, one of the most oppressive on the planet, need be endured by British Airways' passengers for only one more month."

"....The terminal that BA uses at Sheremetyevo was designed and built in a hurry for the 1980 Olympics, and has been falling apart ever since, enlivened by apparent Mafia operatives loitering in the Arrivals area."

*(P.S. Your poll is erroneous. Moscow's Sheremyetovo airport and Domodyedevo are two entirely different airports. SVO2 is a hellhole and DME is a civilized modern facility.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I was right!

BA grounds Moscow airport - Europe, Travel - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/ba-grounds-moscow-airport-591468.html - broken link)

"....plans have been under way to improve the lives of long-suffering travellers to Russia's capital. Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, one of the most oppressive on the planet, need be endured by British Airways' passengers for only one more month."

"....The terminal that BA uses at Sheremetyevo was designed and built in a hurry for the 1980 Olympics, and has been falling apart ever since, enlivened by apparent Mafia operatives loitering in the Arrivals area."

*(P.S. Your poll is erroneous. Moscow's Sheremyetovo airport and Domodyedevo are two entirely different airports. SVO2 is a hellhole and DME is a civilized modern facility.
Sorry about that. I guess it can go under the "other" since I can't change the poll since it was already posted.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
La Guardia (LGA). Dreadful airport and especially the main terminal. Cannot be compared with JFK or EWR which are far better in every respect.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
I bunched Newark, LGA and JFK together because my experience with all 3 has been about the same. PRETTY BAD!!
The worst was with Newark as they sent my luggage to the wrong airport and left me stranded at my destination for 2 days without luggage. LGA and JFK are always delayed, LGA seems to be worse than JFK for me though. However, nothing worst than Logan, they are RUDE! The security was a mess too. I actually don't mind LAX, it wasn't a hassle at all.
I like Newark. It is far better than any of the other NY airports. La Guardia is far and away the worst airport in the country. At JFK, it really depends what terminal you are in. The Delta terminal is pretty bad but JFK have done a nice job of gradually modernizing the other ones.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Malaga, Spain..just dirty, confusing, and really outdated.

I am also not a big fan of Heathrow either..it's like a city in it's own right, too many buses and transfers just to get from one end to another and there doesn't seem to be any way to get outside for fresh air...totally claustrophobic.
Heathrow is terrible for anyone that doesn't know their way around the airport. If you know it, it is pretty easy to get around. I used Terminal 5 for the first time in April and found it to be quite good. We flew in from Phoenix and stayed overnight at the Sofitel right at the terminal before flying on to Athens. The hotel was fine and reasonably priced. I had steeled myself for bad experience and was very pleasantly surprised.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I like Newark. It is far better than any of the other NY airports. La Guardia is far and away the worst airport in the country. At JFK, it really depends what terminal you are in. The Delta terminal is pretty bad but JFK have done a nice job of gradually modernizing the other ones.
You're right about JFK it isn't as bad, but the delta termina is ridiculous! Newark is OK, but they are disorganized. LGA, is actually closer for me, but flights are delayed way too often.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:22 AM

266 posts, read 547,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
I'm shocked nobody didn't say, "JFK."
I was going to but my experience was over 20 years ago. Now I avoid it!! Usually I travel out of Newark.

Our recent trip back from downunder to LA was a nightmare. They misdirected many of us on the flight where to bring out bags the connecting flight! Many missed their connections ... including us. I cringe at the thought knowing I have to do this again. HOWEVER, if Quantas actually creates direct flights from JFK ... I'll do it! There is talk.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,450,086 times
Franz Kafka International Airport in Prague is easily the worst: Prague's Franz Kafka International Named World's Most Alienating Airport | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

None other compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World