Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times

Advertisements

This type of post reminds me of someone.....hmmmmm? Who could it be?

The best country with the best people is the one that doesn't judge the other countries.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 PM

43 posts, read 191,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
I know someone might get feel bad about this question. But I Want to know what others feel about this. Which country has the best people/human being in this world and why? I know that every country has good and bad people but even that we can generalize this and tell the answer.
My answer to this is we (Americans) are the best because we think about others also. we are responsible and think ahead and help people.
i disagree that american are the best or responsible, and think about others. think about the iraq war. most americans are concerned about the iraqi war because they dont want their own troops to get hurt, not because american troops are killing people in iraq. that is selfish. americans dont think about others. low taxes is one of the americans primary concerns. they dont want to pay taxes so that others can live well. if they cared about others, they would pay high taxes so that people in all walks of society are taken care of. that is why americans dont have healthcare, because people dont want to pay for other peoples healthcare. responsible? i dont think so. americans have the highest rate of driving suv;s in the world. suv;s pollute the environment and drive up the petrol prices. americans are also notorious for leaving on the lights, air conditioning, and heating on when no one is home. how is that responsible? again, that drives up the oil prices for the rest of the world and contributes to pollution.

as far as who i think is the best, i would have to say that they are european. i know that sweden is one of the worlds leaders in protecting the environment. they also dont drive as much suv's. they pay high taxes so that all of society is taken care of, not just rich people. sweden has also taken in huge numbers of refugees. if you look at how many refugees usa has taken in then you can see how nice they really are. i have also heard that norway and finland are good too.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanlab View Post
i disagree that american are the best or responsible, and think about others. think about the iraq war. most americans are concerned about the iraqi war because they dont want their own troops to get hurt, not because american troops are killing people in iraq. that is selfish. americans dont think about others. low taxes is one of the americans primary concerns. they dont want to pay taxes so that others can live well. if they cared about others, they would pay high taxes so that people in all walks of society are taken care of. that is why americans dont have healthcare, because people dont want to pay for other peoples healthcare. responsible? i dont think so. americans have the highest rate of driving suv;s in the world. suv;s pollute the environment and drive up the petrol prices. americans are also notorious for leaving on the lights, air conditioning, and heating on when no one is home. how is that responsible? again, that drives up the oil prices for the rest of the world and contributes to pollution.

as far as who i think is the best, i would have to say that they are european. i know that sweden is one of the worlds leaders in protecting the environment. they also dont drive as much suv's. they pay high taxes so that all of society is taken care of, not just rich people. sweden has also taken in huge numbers of refugees. if you look at how many refugees usa has taken in then you can see how nice they really are. i have also heard that norway and finland are good too.
I think you can get a good price on airline flights whenever you can get packed to leave.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
I think you can get a good price on airline flights whenever you can get packed to leave.
I'm sorry, but I agree with OceanLab here. I find that we, as Americans, are WAY too ethnocentric in our behaviors. Am I proud to be an American? Yes. Am I better than Iraqis, Canadians, or Malaysians? Not at all. We're all created equally. For all of the benefits there are to living in our nation, I'll agree that it's sad to attend college in a city where people drive Hummers and Lexus SUVs past soup kitchens where people are lying on the ground suffering. At the very least we can try to have some compassion and want to make a difference; I often offer these people some money and wish them a good "morning/afternoon/evening." We Americans are a selfish people!

I've also heard good things about not only Sweden, but also Norway, Finland, and Denmark---it appears as if the Scandinavian nations are onto something in terms of quality-of-life. Your reply was not helpful in any way, shape, or form. Why is it so difficult for you to think for a moment that Americans perhaps are not better than inhabitants of other nations?

In fact, OceanLab forgot to add that Americans are stupid for allowing their employers to rake them over the coals and totally take advantage of them and their families while many Europeans get 4-6 weeks paid vacation time per year. How much do I get? Zilch! Between work and school I'm occupied 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year (except for major holidays). My parents are likewise workaholics who come home overstressed on a constant basis. Our neighbors don't know each other because they spend more time AT WORK than they do at home! Americans "live to work" while Europeans seem to "work to live."

Are you going to tell me to pack my bags and get out too just because I pointed out some relevant opinions?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 PM

606 posts, read 698,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
I know someone might get feel bad about this question. But I Want to know what others feel about this. Which country has the best people/human being in this world and why? I know that every country has good and bad people but even that we can generalize this and tell the answer.
My answer to this is we (Americans) are the best because we think about others also. we are responsible and think ahead and help people.
How many countries have you ever been to?

Old 04-27-2007, 04:51 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
Quote:
Are you going to tell me to pack my bags and get out too just because I pointed out some relevant opinions?
Not at all because as you stated, it's an American right to voice your opinions. I should have refrained from reading/posting on this thread...it's too close to politics and that, and religion, are things that I vowed to avoid discussing. I have a tendency to defend the country in which I live in and am proud of, I don't apologize for that.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Not at all because as you stated, it's an American right to voice your opinions. I should have refrained from reading/posting on this thread...it's too close to politics and that, and religion, are things that I vowed to avoid discussing. I have a tendency to defend the country in which I live in and am proud of, I don't apologize for that.
You shouldn't apologize for anything. I'm proud to be an American as well. However, I don't for one second think that we're better than any other nation for any reason. Every nation has its positives.

Italy: Breathtaking architecture, especially in Rome and Florence
Canada: Great health care system
Denmark: Universal health care system
United States: Diversity (even though these different groups often clash)
Australia: "The Outback"
Switzerland: The Alps
Egypt: Pyramids

Every nation has something to be PROUD of. However, it is better to be humble than arrogant.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM

9 posts, read 24,758 times
Quote:
im pretty sure the native americans have the same plan in mind for you.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM

9 posts, read 24,758 times
well you see, thats the problem with usa, you got morons like dukester2 telling people to leave, so what you got left are people with no opinions. a country of idiots who cant think for themself because they think that everythings perfect. but thats all in their head. i also like how the same idiots like dukester2 like to claim that usa is a country of freedom but at the same time, people are required to agree with the status quo which really sounds more like what these conservative fools describe communism to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I'm sorry, but I agree with OceanLab here. I find that we, as Americans, are WAY too ethnocentric in our behaviors. Am I proud to be an American? Yes. Am I better than Iraqis, Canadians, or Malaysians? Not at all. We're all created equally. For all of the benefits there are to living in our nation, I'll agree that it's sad to attend college in a city where people drive Hummers and Lexus SUVs past soup kitchens where people are lying on the ground suffering. At the very least we can try to have some compassion and want to make a difference; I often offer these people some money and wish them a good "morning/afternoon/evening." We Americans are a selfish people!

I've also heard good things about not only Sweden, but also Norway, Finland, and Denmark---it appears as if the Scandinavian nations are onto something in terms of quality-of-life. Your reply was not helpful in any way, shape, or form. Why is it so difficult for you to think for a moment that Americans perhaps are not better than inhabitants of other nations?

In fact, OceanLab forgot to add that Americans are stupid for allowing their employers to rake them over the coals and totally take advantage of them and their families while many Europeans get 4-6 weeks paid vacation time per year. How much do I get? Zilch! Between work and school I'm occupied 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year (except for major holidays). My parents are likewise workaholics who come home overstressed on a constant basis. Our neighbors don't know each other because they spend more time AT WORK than they do at home! Americans "live to work" while Europeans seem to "work to live."

Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Being an American...sure there are great folks here. But the few times I've driven through Canada...I've met some really fine people, and some that did me a great favor with a broken vehicle. Most were in no rush to get anywhere, and took time to tell or listen to stories. Just overly nice people. I'm gonna choose western Canada eh!
Yay!!!! I love the states, my family is all from there but Canada (British Columbia!) is the best place to live. I have never felt more at home here. It's funny, I am plains cree but feel at home in woodland cree territory.

It's easy to giggle in Canada eh??

I have to give a rep point to Costa Rica though. What a wonderful, friendly place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World