Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've been looking for different beach resorts in Spain, France and other areas in the Med and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a week or two trip?

I'm in my early 30's and am looking for more of a single scene than a family one, but am not into overdone excessively touristy places.
I'm astonished that no-one has suggested Ibiza. The singles island par-excellence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
I would suggest Ayia Napa in Cyprus, but they are having the most horrendous heatwave there this Summer. Temps in the 40s Celsius!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:05 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I'm astonished that no-one has suggested Ibiza. The singles island par-excellence.
I've been doing some reading about that and it looks like the accommodation prices are not that high. Ibiza I heard from people is getting a bit touristy and it used to be a lot more cool and easy going. But I think it is worth a look. It's high on my list.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I would suggest Ayia Napa in Cyprus, but they are having the most horrendous heatwave there this Summer. Temps in the 40s Celsius!
Actually it was an ad from the tourist board in Cyprus in a british car magazine that sparked this thread. I've seen most everything down under and am looking for something new. This ad featured a beautiful woman in a bikini in the water on the beach. Crystal clear water, nice sand, hawt woman, hmmm....

Old 07-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Avoid the Costas in Spain in July-August if you don't want to get mugged (high probability) and especially the autopistas and rest areas where bands of thugs from esatern Europe are roaming.
That's good to know! I don't want to be mugged right now. Periodically I've been reading about the Spanish coast but nothing has really jumped out at me yet in terms of a place to visit.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 PM

294 posts, read 699,057 times
  1. Kos ,Greek Island
  2. Rhodes, Greek Island
  3. Majorca, one of the Balearic islands
  4. Malta.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM

254 posts, read 1,207,654 times
I think most places in the med might be overcrowded with Northern Europeans and foreigners betwen July through August. If you can wait until September you might find a lot of popular places with fewer tourists. I've been to several great coastal areas between Portugal and Italy but I never had the chance to visit any of the islands. If I had a full week I would probably start in Barcelona or Valencia and then travel by ferry boat to Ibiza or Mallorca (I think you can take your car also).

The French Riviera is also great. With a long four-day weekend in 2007, I was able to visit Montpellier, Marseilles, St. Tropez, Cannes, Nice, and Monaco. I was able to see the Cannes Film festival on Saturday and also watch the Monte Carlo Grand Prix in Manaco on Sunday.

But my best memories from anywhere along the European coast was from the beaches --I wish American beaches could be like Europe!

Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 AM

539 posts, read 700,128 times
Go to Naples take the coast road to Salerno...I have been everywhere..this is the best drive..after take train to Brindisaasi (sp) take ferry to Corfu..to Athens..to Cesme Turkey..from there go to Bodrum.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:51 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
We just got back from Santorini, Greece and it was amazing. More meant for a vacation with your significant other, though. It's beautiful there. If you're looking for a singles scene with decent beaches, I recommend Mykonos.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:46 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
We just got back from Santorini, Greece and it was amazing. More meant for a vacation with your significant other, though. It's beautiful there. If you're looking for a singles scene with decent beaches, I recommend Mykonos.
I think Mykonos is more a singles scene for those of the same sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World