Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 04:33 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlorge View Post
Have you ever had the impression that you lived a past life in a foreign country or city?

For example, you have had a strong affinity for a certain culture, you then go to visit the country or city and you feel very comfortable there and have the distinct feeling you have lived there before (?)

NOTE: This thread is NOT meant for discussing the validity or invalidity of reincarnation.
Yes. As a child I used to dream of Ireland. Oddly, I'd actually have dreams of flying (no airplane) around Ireland and stopping into some stone cottages to just look around.

I'm bi-racial and although I have some Irish blood from so far back that it's fairly insignificant culture wise, I have always been drawn to the place despite never visiting.

Fast forward thirty years to now...I ended up marrying a man from Ireland (I wasn't even looking) and I ended up moving to Ireland with him and our four children.

It's eerie and even when I lived there I actually felt like I "knew" it somehow. So yes, I do have a distinct feeling that I lived there before--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 09:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
It's quite common for visitors to East Africa to feel a sense of "belonging" where all of our roots are.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,311 times
oh yes!
I have had the same sensation, every time that I arrive in USA

I would like to be and live in USA!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM

77 posts, read 696,763 times
Absolutely. I am American but visited Spain for the first time in 2005. Since then I've gone back 3 times which is considered a lot for someone my age (20). I just got back from a 4 month long study abroad program with my university, and I absolutely dreaded leaving so much that I'm seriously considering going back to get my Master's degree there.

I think some of it might have to do with the fact that I've been exposed to the Hispanic culture since an early age, because I started learning Spanish in elementary school and continued throughout middle and high school as well. But this whole 'reincarnated' theory is also intriguing, as I feel such a strong pull toward the country that I wonder if it is innate rather than socially constructed.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

347 posts, read 695,859 times
I found quite an affinity for South Africa. I found it the most liveable place I've ever been. I've been dreaming of visiting more parts of Southern Africa ever since
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World