Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 11:26 AM

321 posts, read 960,510 times

Advertisements

I don't want to be a Grinch, but I am wondering why so many of the subjects here are so adolescent. "Best" city, "worst" city, "best" country, "worst" place... Anybody with a modicum of sense knows that "best" and "worst" are extremely relative depending on who you are and what you want in your life.

Debates about such things are completely sterile and often degenerate into mud fights or the bashing of places that many people have no real information about.

I figure that I will be ignored, but I would like to suggest that a little more thought be given to starting subjects. It might enrich the discussions, people might learn things, and there would possibly be fewer rants. Calling on personal experience generally makes things more interesting.

A subject like "where did you have your worst meal?" will always be more interesting than "what country has the worst food?" and it opens up the possibilities much more. Some of us have had our very worst meal in our favorite restaurant.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Sounds like you got some threads to start!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerouac2 View Post
I don't want to be a Grinch, but I am wondering why so many of the subjects here are so adolescent. "Best" city, "worst" city, "best" country, "worst" place... Anybody with a modicum of sense knows that "best" and "worst" are extremely relative depending on who you are and what you want in your life.

Debates about such things are completely sterile and often degenerate into mud fights or the bashing of places that many people have no real information about.
Thank you. Those threads are retarded.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
It's a problem which appears on almost all the forum boards.

Unfortunately, the discussion really doesn't belong here in the World forum, but in either About the Forum or Other Topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World