Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does an opinion of Bush affect an opinion of Americans?
Yes 98 74.24%
No 34 25.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times

Advertisements

Just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlevo View Post
Just wondering
Yes, because I am from Germany, living in the US, and hear it FIRST HAND what people think of him and americans in other countries!!!
He's an idiot, will always be an idiot, and doesn't give a rats a** what his people want and think. Now isn't that a great president to have....... to stick his nose into things, he has no business being in, but representing this country, he doesn't have any control over....just GREAT!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM

606 posts, read 698,620 times
No. He is just one of the presidents in the history and one of the citizens in the country.He can't represent everything.
And most people have plenty of opportunities to meet american people,to talk with american people.No one will judge americans based on GW Bush.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I'm affraid they do...what a sad reality but I believe we are judged because as I have heard people from other countries say "well you guys elected him"...and not once but twice...

Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
It shouldn't but I agree with Lisa that sadly it does. I try to take each person as an individual and always reserve judgement until I actually know what they stand for but I have heard so many people infer that all Americans must be morons for electing "Dubya". His extreme foreign policies have greatly damaged America, I think there can be no doubt of that if you ask most Europeans. Europe used to be very pro-America and is now very anti since he was elected not just once but twice... and a lot of respect for the US has been lost. He is seen as an intellectually challenged, fascist, christian fundamentalist, bellicose president ( which in my opinion he is ) and I'm afraid a lot of people equate a lot of Americans with those adjectives too. How could the US electorate make the same mistake twice ? As far as I'm concerned he should have been removed from office years ago as should have Tony Blair.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
well I voted for Bush because Gore's and Kerry's "extreme left" policies would have hurt America.America is not a leftist country,and is not based on leftist ideals.So when I vote I think of America,not the rest of the world.

That said,Bush has been a let down for me,he is not conservative like he touted.

Personally I would be happy to withdrawl all American troops from around the world,except Afghanistan and kick the United Nations out of New York and never get mixed in world affairs ever again unless attacked.The next time people cry about Bosnia and Africa...oh friggin well.

And regarding Iraq,I laugh when people say "humanitarian"because France and Russia were concerned about MONEY tied up in business dealings with Iraq and thats the ONLY reason they were against the war.

So please,when other countries talk about humanitarian efforts and "peace",specially countries like Russia,China,Germany and France that have a history of invading other countries and purposly murdering its peoples I got to say "what?".

Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,644,793 times
Default Don't shot the messenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
No. He is just one of the presidents in the history and one of the citizens in the country.He can't represent everything.
And most people have plenty of opportunities to meet american people,to talk with american people.No one will judge americans based on GW Bush.
Unfortunately we do... Since the president is chosen by the people, outsiders (this goes for other countries too, not just americans) may form an opinion about the people based on who they choose to represent them. Now, I know it wasn't fair game when he was elected, and I am not saying that people in general form their opinion based only on the leader- I am just saying it's a part of what forms the opinion. Now, if there is anyone/thing to "blame" for the way other people view you americans, I'd say it has more to do with how you handle what the president to. Or don't do. Around where I live, in the country as a whole and actually in most of the rest of Europe, we don't think you americans are "stupid" because George W. Bush is terrorising the world with his holy war-
we simply think it's stupid that you don't stop him.
Now, please don't be mad with me or my people or Europe, you asked for our opinion and you got it. If you want to make it better: think about who you choose as your president next time. Personally, I'd go for Obama...

Old 05-24-2007, 06:50 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,644,793 times
Default But then...

Otherwise, just keep writing on this lovely forum! Reading what you all write, the REAL american people, tells more about how you are as a people than your president or your hollywood divas...You have surely changed my opinion!
Thanks guys!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
"Bush terrorizing the world with his holy war"

ok I'll ask these questions and let others reply.

We are in Iraq and Afghanistan,is this the whole world?

What exactly about Bush do other people in other countries not like?

Should American's vote for a president thinking more about world politics even if it hurts American politics?

Would it be alright if America pulled out troops from across the world and never got involved anywhere again,including peace keeping missions?

Most the Iraqi civilians that have died in Iraq,where they blown up or shot up by.(A)American suicide bombers?
or (B)Muslim suicide bombers?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:59 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Unfortunately I think they do. People in other countries just need to remember that the popular vote does not elect the president. The electoral college does. In 2000 Bush did not win the popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World