Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Inn & Out is GREAT! Order your cheeseburger and fries "animal style" it's not on the menu, but on their website.

I'll second that! In & Out Burgers ROCK!!!

Was disappointed a while back when I took MM to Maccas here in Melbourne to order him a McOz burger only to discover the 12 year old behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about.

I've had a Quarter Pounder in Seattle and Massachusetts and but for the price (considerably cheaper) I couldn't tell the difference to be honest.

I also had a Cheese Royale in Belgium which was supposedly the equivalent of the Quarter Pounder but it wasn't as good and even a decade ago it was astronomically priced.

I think if I'm remembering correctly there was a McKiwi or something when I was in NZ AND their salads (back then I don't think we had them here in Oz yet) were AWESOME and fresh.

Bottom line though the BEST burgers in the WORLD (well except for my homemade Buffalo Burgers ) are Grill'd here in Melbourne (even MM agrees with me ) AND from what I've been told all you lucky Americans are about to agree with me also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
In addition to the slightly different tasting burgers form one McD to another, which other country besides Germany sells beer at McD ?

Also using the same comparison, which other country offers forks to eat your fries with ?
Urban legend! They do not sell beer in McD anymore

Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times
I had "MacLobster" at New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Too hard to search my album, so I'll just borrow from google image.
http://www.yowazzup.com/blog/images/.../mclobster.jpg

At Niagara Falls, I had MacSalmon.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:13 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
India:
In India, there are no Big Macs because the Hindu people don’t eat beef.
However, they have the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made of lamb or chicken meat. There is also a vegetarian burger, the McAloo Tikki.
Canada: In parts of Canada, have a lobster dinner with the McLobster lobster roll. Pardon me – “McHomard” (in French).
Germany: no, they don’t serve beer in McDonalds!
Japan: Japan totally reinvents McDonald’s with its Ebi Filet-O (shrimp burgers), Koroke Burger (mashed potato, cabbage and katsu sauce, all in a sandwich), Ebi-Chiki (shrimp nuggets) and Green Tea-flavored milkshake!
Norway: In fish-loving Norway, they have the McLaks, a sandwich made of grilled salmon and dill sauce.
Chile: In Chile, you can dress your burgers with – not ketchup – avocado paste!
Costa Rica: In Costa Rica, unsurprisingly, you can order Gallo Pinto, meaning rice and beans.
Hong Kong: Rice-loving Hong Kong, has – of course – Rice Burgers, where the burgers are in between, not burger buns, but two patties of glutinous rice.
Israel: Despite Jewish religious dietary laws, most McDonald’s are not Kosher (there are a few exceptions), and they serve “McPitzutz” ice creams and cheeseburgers… and Israel is one of the only countries that cooks the meat over charcoal versus frying. They also have the McKebab, two patties with Middle Eastern seasonings, stuffed into a pita bread.

Pictures: http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/07/...world-40-pics/

Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,305 times
McDonalds in the Philippines has Seasoned Curly Fries, Fried Chicken, Spaghetti, and Coke Floats.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:16 AM

871 posts, read 1,631,113 times
i made the mistake of getting a korean burger (bulgogi sauce) in mcdonalds in korea. it was awful. some things just need to be left alone.

i think the kfc is probably better though. i always liked korean chicken, i literally mean the chicken. thier chickens are usually very skinny in comparison to western chicken but it has a nice flavor. i think they feed it rice or something like that. anyways, i always remembered seeing skinny chickens in korea pecking at rice.

the fast-food chains overseas have a more festive atmosphere like the food stands at amusement parks. i think this is the right approach for junk food.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:33 AM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
their chickens are usually very skinny in comparison to western chicken but it has a nice flavor. i think they feed it rice or something like that. anyways, i always remembered seeing skinny chickens in korea pecking at rice.
Not skinny. Free-range-chicken exercise a lot and are happier than their North American varieties.
After I returned from France, I started noticing that our chicken taste different. I've since switch to range-chicken products.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,197 times
mcdonalds in s. korea uses soy....

the breakfast sandwhiches in dubai and a few other places in the middle east dont use pork but a beef bacon and turkey ham. and wow thats delicious. the middle east is my favorite place to eat at micky D's...

The states have too much grease over everything. i eat at jack in the box in the states their standards are 10000000 times better then mcdonalds (used to work at both when i was younger)

europe... uhmmm its good but 6-7-8-9 EURO for a meal... i almost had a heart attack the first time i tried to eat there....and your totally getting jipped on the drinks because their large is an american medium... twice the price and half the meal... (rolling eyes)

Old 01-31-2010, 06:34 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
I've had Big Macs around the U.S., and in Portugal, Cyprus and other parts of Europe...all the same. What I really notice is the same is the smell of a McDonalds place. They all have that same sicky-sweet smell in the air. I used to think it was the stuff they mopped the floor with, but I can't imagine that that is the same in every McD's all over the world.

A friend says it is the odor of their sauce.

Nasty stench whatever it is! When I used to eat in those places I took the food outside to eat in order to escape it.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:44 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,856,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Urban legend! They do not sell beer in McD anymore
Geesj, they did between 81 - 88, when we lived there .....

When did they stop ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World