Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,568,172 times

Advertisements

Surprised so many people are choosing the developing country ridden with crime and poverty over one of the worlds most developed and affluent nations, which is socially sound and economically strong with a much higher wage and universal healthcare.

But each to their own I suppose. I guess if you're an American looking to emigrate, you can easily find a house in an area of Mexico that segregates you from the day to day life most Mexicans experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM

3,862 posts, read 5,283,932 times
Money no Object? Mexico.

Money a concern? Canada

If I had unlimited funds and did not have to concern myself with making a living I could easily find a town/city in Mexico where I would be more than happy spending my time.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 17,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
and your only choices were Canada or Mexico to spend the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?

Let's pretend that money or income is not a concern, you'd be able to live a nice middle to upper middle class lifestyle in either.
"i'd be a man without a country.....and live apon the sea, dreaming of the homeland and what life was like when money didnt get me everything i wished, and i actually appreciated what i had, and the dreams i had were goals to keep me going, not instant gratification"

Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,923,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Surprised so many people are choosing the developing country ridden with crime and poverty over one of the worlds most developed and affluent nations, which is socially sound and economically strong with a much higher wage and universal healthcare.

But each to their own I suppose. I guess if you're an American looking to emigrate, you can easily find a house in an area of Mexico that segregates you from the day to day life most Mexicans experience.
I'm willing to bet that you have never been anywhere in Mexico.

Right?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM

I don't need to go to Mexico to know that it's a lot worse then Canada. Just like I don't need to go to India to know it's a filthy disease ridden country.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Hands down.....Canada

Old 04-01-2012, 09:51 PM

81 posts, read 237,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I don't need to go to Mexico to know that it's a lot worse then Canada. Just like I don't need to go to India to know it's a filthy disease ridden country.
Wow, not a hint of prejudice at all!! And the OP specifically said: "Let's pretend that money or income is not a concern, you'd be able to live a nice middle to upper middle class lifestyle in either.", and I don't have to go to Mexico either to know they have pretty nice areas for people who have the cash. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can talk with such disrespect about these countries. It shows ignorance on your part.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM

I'm not disrespecting Mexico at all. It's got big issues and there's no point in pretending they don't exist, high income or not.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM

593 posts, read 889,763 times
Israel

Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
I grew up less than 150 miles from the Mexican border, and crossed into Tijuana one night, after parking on the CA side of the border and walking across with some friends. I know it's not emblematic, but Mexico doesn't interest me.

I would pick Canada, in a heartbeat, and would pick from one of Montreal's nicer and newer suburbs. I like that it feels North American and that it is a blend of Anglophone/Francophone. I'm assuming I could take vacations in the middle of winter and head to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World