Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,405,962 times

Advertisements

Canada and Mexico are the easiest countries to emigrate to and do business as an American. Provisions in NAFTA have made this very easy. An honorable mention would be the United Kingdom, which has the third largest population of Americans abroad after Mexico and Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM

49 posts, read 226,811 times
If you're of Italian descent you can get Italian citizenship through the "right of blood" and then live anywhere within the European Union. Do a research to find out if other countries have the same law. Americans can probably live there illegally if they want to...Millions of third worlders do it, then so can you.

I've heard Canada is one of the easiest countries to immigrate. Canada needs people to replace an aging popution. Canada is a huge country with a tiny population, they need immigrants. It's too cold though!!

I'm not sure about third world countries, but why would an american want to immigrate to a third world country? Retire?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 PM

910 posts, read 1,670,187 times
I have a few Q's about working abroad as an American.

I would love to work in Germany (Great-grandparents were German immigrants and I still lots of family there) Southern Germany appeals to me the most.

Switzerland would be next, followed by Sweden or another Scandinavian country

Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 26,451 times
I looked into moving to Australia. If you are over 40 forget it unless your occupation/skills are on the "Skilled Worker" list. Australia routinely promotes age discrimination!!! This is sad as the time I spent in Australia was absolutely wonderful, the people were awesome. I guess the Government tends to forget that during WWII the US saved thier butts from Japanese invasion/occupation. Amazing how ANYONE can come to the US, immediately get the same or even better benefits than someone who's family has been here for generations yet other countries wont let people in??? I so wish the US would enact the same type of immigration laws as the rest of the world....of course if we did it would be a crime somehow

Last edited by Maddmaxx13; 04-17-2011 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Misspelling

Old 04-17-2011, 09:15 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,003,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmaxx13 View Post
I looked into moving to Australia. If you are over 40 forget it unless your occupation/skills are on the "Skilled Worker" list. Australia routinely promotes age discrimination!!! This is sad as the time I spent in Australia was absolutely wonderful, the people were awesome. I guess the Government tends to forget that during WWII the US saved thier butts from Japanese invasion/occupation. Amazing how ANYONE can come to the US, immediately get the same or even better benefits than someone who's family has been here for generations yet other countries wont let people in??? I so wish the US would enact the same type of immigration laws as the rest of the world....of course if we did it would be a crime somehow
I heard Australia is much easier. Anyone who studies or goes to college there, will end up putting in a couple years, and can gain citizenship. Don't know about an age barrier.

I also think the U.S. is much harder to get citizenship than you are giving it credit for. If it was as easy as you say, than we wouldn't have so many illegals absolutely everywhere! The reason we have so many illegals, is because it's apparently not so easy for them to get citizenship.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM

108 posts, read 273,580 times
To all the people on here that say that it is easy to get into Canada it is not. I know, I've looked thoroughly. Say you want to study there well, you have to have a large amount of money to support yourself and pay your tuition and bills WITHOUT the need of a job. That isn't far? Because not everybody is rich. Also they say you can not cross the border with more than $10,000 then you have to exchange it at a bank for Canadian money. And if you do get in, you have to make a list of EVERYTHING YOUR BRINGING! For example: 1 blue tank top, then you have to put the cost or close to it.

There is just a lot of things you have to do, and its gonna cost a LOT. I'm not kidding. The only people that could get into Canada are people with career already and have lots of money.

Last edited by Hikari616; 04-23-2011 at 05:24 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 05:18 PM

108 posts, read 273,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I heard Australia is much easier. Anyone who studies or goes to college there, will end up putting in a couple years, and can gain citizenship. Don't know about an age barrier.

I also think the U.S. is much harder to get citizenship than you are giving it credit for. If it was as easy as you say, than we wouldn't have so many illegals absolutely everywhere! The reason we have so many illegals, is because it's apparently not so easy for them to get citizenship.
I know for a fact it is not easy, I had a friend in Vietnam who was trying to get a student visa to come here and she tried 3 times but they wouldn't pass her but everybody else she knew was getting past. So she gave up.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 AM

2 posts, read 29,262 times
Allot of people say "they sure know how to deal with an earthquake" Thats not entirely true and reflects on the ignorance for the world when it comes to Japan. Japan fumbled their handling of the Fukushima situation due to panic and inexperienced engineers. It was France who saved their ass, they did nothing on their own, and this is pretty much how everything is done in Japan. Bash foriengers, all things made by foriengers but rape their ideas and cry for help when it all goes wrong. For all those who love Japan, perhaps you should work for them. Im sure 6 months latter youll have a rude awakening.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

896 posts, read 1,861,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawayohglory View Post
Allot of people say "they sure know how to deal with an earthquake" Thats not entirely true and reflects on the ignorance for the world when it comes to Japan. Japan fumbled their handling of the Fukushima situation due to panic and inexperienced engineers. It was France who saved their ass, they did nothing on their own, and this is pretty much how everything is done in Japan. Bash foriengers, all things made by foriengers but rape their ideas and cry for help when it all goes wrong. For all those who love Japan, perhaps you should work for them. Im sure 6 months latter youll have a rude awakening.
But how many Japanese citizens did you see engaging in looting after the earthquake?

Says a lot about them eh?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM

166 posts, read 229,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmaxx13 View Post
Oz is far easier to migrate to than the US. The US is almost impossible to get into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World