Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM

54 posts, read 135,632 times

Advertisements

Thinking about diving the Red Sea and visiting the pryamids-however...Im a little concerned about our safety.Should I be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 04:28 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,569,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegan View Post
Thinking about diving the Red Sea and visiting the pryamids-however...Im a little concerned about our safety.Should I be?
If you go see the pyramids, guard your personal space. They are surrounded by pickpockets and thieves who'll walk up to you tapping trinkets or turbans against your chest as they search your pockets for things to steal. They'll rob you blind before you get within 100 feet of the pyramids. Then avoid the camel jockeys. They'll happily let you onto their camel for a photo but they won't let you down without cash payment. Don't let anyone hold your camera for a photo. They will either not give it back without cash payment or they'll take off with your camera. Be careful of the food and water. One of the guys on our ship didn't listen to the warning and was on an IV in medical ward for five days due to severe diarhea and vomiting for several days. If not for the IV, he would have died.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 AM

The more I read and investigate this place the more horrible it sounds...We might be rethinking this trip.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,223,237 times
Quote:
The more I read and investigate this place the more horrible it sounds...We might be rethinking this trip.
I have an English female friend in her late fifties, and she and her daughter (30's) went. They arranged their trip on the internet, and did it piecemeal, not part of a long tour.

They were both ecstatic over it, and reported no unpleasant incidents or bad experiences at all.

Perhaps you should search among the travel forums on the net and see what people say.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,810,944 times
Quote:
horrible? Egypt is one of the premier tourist destinations in the world and the diving in the Red Sea is some of the best there is...how can it be horrible

Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM

K374-
Thats what I thought but then everyone was feeding me terrifying info...I figured I used to live in Detroit-what's more dangerous than that lol

Old 05-26-2010, 01:17 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,810,944 times
I had several friends just return from Egypt and they had the most amazing time, there is nothing to fear...I would travel to Egypt tomorrow if I could, I've always wanted to see the Pyramids and since I am a diver, to dive some of the Red Sea sites as well... Rus Mohamed marine park I think it's called. Go have fun...you can't live your life fearing terrorists!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,032,671 times
Egypt is awesome. I had a wonderful time there and it is full of tourists. Just remember that it is a country full of extremely poor people to whom you are extremely wealthy and be careful with your possessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World