Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:59 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
That makes perfect sense since the two counties have different laws. He studied the laws and legal system of Nicaragua, not the United States.
True. The legal system of Nicaragua, like almost all other Latin American countries, is based on Civil Law, which dates back to Roman law. Anglo-Saxon countries, including the United States, base their legal systems on Common Law, which has a murkier origin in Anglo-Saxon tribal law. The main difference between these is that while Civil Law primarily concerns itself with legal codes (codified laws), the Common Law system places much more emphasis on the role of the judge and their past decisions. Two completely different systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 10,157 times
I have a quick question
I'm from Dominican Republic, I'm getting my bachelor degree in Civil Engineering in less than a year.
I'm want to know if it will be valid in the US? If not, How can I make it valid?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JncBno View Post
I have a quick question
I'm from Dominican Republic, I'm getting my bachelor degree in Civil Engineering in less than a year.
I'm want to know if it will be valid in the US? If not, How can I make it valid?
You can not "make it valid". It's up to the employer what he makes of it. Pretty much like U.S. degrees.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 PM

423 posts, read 628,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You can not "make it valid". It's up to the employer what he makes of it. Pretty much like U.S. degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JncBno View Post
I have a quick question
JncBno, as Glucorious says it will be employers' decision whether they consider your degree sufficient for whatever jobs they are offering. It isn't a question of being "valid".

You can, though, have your credentials evaluated through companies like World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators (and I'm sure there are others that come recommended) which might help in a future job search. That will save employers some leg-work if they can evaluate the work you've done overseas by checking your resume.

World Education Services - International Education Intelligence
https://www.ece.org/

Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,133 times
I should imagine the top research universities in the UK (The Russell Group) are recognised throughout the world, and qualifications from them also recognised globally.

http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Group

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17341478

Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 20,027 times
I'm a civil engineer, graduated from a University in Mexico which is ABET accredited (ABET is an organization here in the US that evaluates your education and most companies require that u have a bachelor's from an ABET accredited university), and even with 2+ years experience and a degree I just can't have a company to call me for at least an interview.
It's sad.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 20,027 times
I already did all this process and can't get an interview!
you better come and study your degree again

What im gonna try now is do the master's degree here in the US and see if that helps

Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 AM

183 posts, read 601,331 times
In this ****ty economy, most degrees from schools in the US are worthless except from the top schools and even that won't guarantee you a decent, living wage job. If I were considering a foreign degree, it'd be to increase my chances of finding long-term employment in the country I was studying in. If I wanted to work in the US, I'd study in the US and from a well known school if possible.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:16 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,258 times
Even if foreigners come to US and get Masters, Ph.Ds, they will still be worthless in this job market.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 8,679 times
what if the degree was attain in a third world country will the degree still be valid in the us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World