U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:16 PM

11 posts, read 14,521 times

Advertisements

Hello people. This is my first post here.

I am a bit angry.

I am basically looking for a place to move...being exhasperated by the one I am in now.

The problem with the place I live in now is CLOSED MINDEDNESS. The people here are racist, stubborn and in my opinion (and apparently theirs) downright stupid.

Where I live now, it is a proble to WALK ON YOUR OWN, and to BE BLONDE. These two sins are punished with instant labelling ("crazy", "strange" and stuff like that) - not always, but my way too many for me to accept. I am NOT the onyl victim of this and I can swear if you were here you'd get the problem isn't me but them.

It is a city, yet it feels like living in a chaotic small town. It is fairly, or very, polluted. Some musician made a sound design/noise experiment dedicatd to HOW NOISY this city is. It is a peculiarity of it. Noise.

Reasoning with the common people on the roads is almost impossible at least to me and is testing my patience and improving my criminal skills. The common people here ENJOY being insulted, which I am not used to. If you don't treat them like **** they think you're a loser yet, when you do, they accuse you. There's no way out. The only people who can deal with the people here are themselves. I have known many many people from outside coming here and having the exact kind of problem I have. Just unable to click with them. They're too closed minded. It is like being a swedish guy in afghanistan - and hey, I think this is possible but I am not informed enough to say wether it is actually POSSIBLE for an average swedish to live and survive in afghanistan. If so, pardon me. But I hjave the feeling that would be some sort of heavy social experiment where the swede could actually lose his life only and specifically for a clash of culture (war not the main problem here).

My dad is from this town while my mother is not. I have travelled and lived elsewhere...but then I got back for several reasons. I have now been here for a year after some absence and it has only got worse, and it is now, in my honest opinion, a town that is UNLIVABLE by common standards. Only monkeys can live happily here. It is absolutely impossible to live here for an average european, unless he or she is equipped with an immense amount of patience and humility and is ready to pack dozens of indirect insults to his or her own intelligence at basically every single interaction with others.

The people here are simply hostile to whoever is not exactly like them. And believe me they would be considered crazy in many, many parts of the world were they to move.
Here, it's the reign of reverse snobbery. People are here INSULTED on the basis of being better dressed, more good-looking, more intelligent etcetera.

Envy feeds this, still, reverse snobbery is what is shown. They'd never confess they're envious. They'd prefer getting killed.

Not ALL the people in here is INSANE but, I'd say not less than 80% of those one meets in the streets, offices and shops, are actually dangerous to the mental sanity of the normal human person. They are likely to incite extreme anger from his part. They are completely clueless over the concepts of reasonability and convenience even in the most simple tasks. They even walk unreasonably.

I know this sounds crazy but dammit, people who live here or come here for most part agree with me.

I am determined to get my life back and start over in another city. The fact that this is my hometown is not an issue - I have never actually BELIEVED I grew up here. It must be a joke my parents told me.

My new place could supposedly be in Europe, but I'm open to other possibilities.

So the question of this post is this: what could be a more open minded city/place/town, area or whatever, where people are nice and open minded or more realistically, not insanely closed minded, where I can regain my sanity, and recover from the miriad of indirect insults I get every day in the crap town I am in right now (and where I was born).

The presence of nature would be welcome. The costs, should be contained.

I am literally escaping from my hometown, which I did several times in the past. I still haven't found a place I completely like. But I'm open and look forward to suggestions specially from those who have travelled around.

It would also be interesting to see if someone actually gets what my hilariously insane hometown is starting with the data in this post. I might give further hints and see if I have some candies to give out to the winner.

I will not say it out loud right now. Just the name scares me.

It is in Europe. I can say this. It is in a country whereas the northern part is very different from the southern, and actually feels like a different country. The northern part is actually ASHAMED of its southern part. Not that I agree with that. But, they have very good reasons.

Open minded, courtese, non ball-breaking, not excessively indifferent, not too nosey, possibly good travellers, shiny and happy or at least not miserable. So should, in general, be the people of my new place. As for the place's structure, form and color, it could actually be anything...nature closeby is a plus.

Does such a place exist? Or something similar?
Rate this post positively

Old 06-05-2010, 02:19 PM

Oh, and by the way the "criminal tendencies" referral was completely IRONIC...thank you.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:34 PM

112 posts, read 269,675 times
Sounds like a new game. Guess the city!

(I) Country: I think it´s Italy
(II) City: Napoli

Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Ok...Hobbicon, you are DANGEROUSLY CLOSE.

I must have given too many hints too soon, I wanted the game to be longer. BUT! You haven't centered the city yet. But the city I'm talking about, has many of the qualities of the one you mentioned. I must say you have open eyes.

Now, if you can recommend a city for me to move different from Napoli AND the one that still has to be revealed...

You gotta be from Italy, read a lot about Italy, or, been in Italy.

Shady hint: in a quaternian, Nostradamus says Napoli, another city in Italy, and MY city, will be wiped out.

You can say I am WELL UPSET with this effin city.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:16 PM

346 posts, read 435,457 times
Why don't you move to Firenze or Milano? Germany might be a good option if you want to leave Italy.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Thanks Purger, well these are indeed options. I've been in Germany already, and Milan too. I was considering going back to Berlin, where I lived one month; Milan is very expensive and I'd like to avoid it for this reason. Everything in southern Italy is half the price than Milan, and Firenze too.

If I go back to Germany I might try something else than Berlin. It might help to know that I make electronic music and videogames and I might enjoy a place where there's a scene in these fields.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 PM

956 posts, read 1,695,759 times
Sicilia, si ? Sorry to hear about your problems, empire. I love Italy, by the way and Francesca Schiavone just won the French Open today .

Old 06-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Yes Gundra, it is Sicily. Now someone will come up with the name of the actual town/city. As they're not all the same. What I experience can only happen HERE. I hope this thread will show up on Google searches. People have got to know.

What is the town in Sicily that is absolutely impossible to live for a well travelled person not endowed with eight times the patience of Gandhi?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM

346 posts, read 435,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theempire View Post
Thanks Purger, well these are indeed options. I've been in Germany already, and Milan too. I was considering going back to Berlin, where I lived one month; Milan is very expensive and I'd like to avoid it for this reason. Everything in southern Italy is half the price than Milan, and Firenze too.

If I go back to Germany I might try something else than Berlin. It might help to know that I make electronic music and videogames and I might enjoy a place where there's a scene in these fields.
Prego.

Try getting a job at Bioware in either Austin or Edmonton: BioWare: Careers at BioWare (http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/ - broken link)

Since Austin is the "Live music capital of the World", you could probably find a job in the music industry there as well.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Prego.

Try getting a job at Bioware in either Austin or Edmonton: BioWare: Careers at BioWare (http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/ - broken link)

Since Austin is the "Live music capital of the World", you could probably find a job in the music industry there as well.
That is funny because...Austin was previously the capital of videogames too...maybe it's an actual capital.

Uhm...that is an option too. If I can stay in the States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.