U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,502,979 times

Advertisements

I was just in the Appalachian Trail a few months ago on a school trip and one of the classes we (the students) were taking was creative writing. One of our final projects was to write an "Eating Nature" poem, based off of the concept basically of the Eating Poetry poem. We also then had to write another "Eating Nature" poem when composing our portfolios.

What these poems basically had to focus on was either literally "eating nature" or figuratively "eating nature." In both of my poems I chose the literal route. Let me know what you think and make up some of your own if you want to add to this thread.

Eating Nature 1 By John K.

Small termite eats fallen tree.
Tree cries.
Sly salamander eats termite.
Termite dies.
Swooping hawk eats salamander.
Hawk flies away.
Stalking hunter pulls trigger.
Hawk becomes filet.
So goes nature today.

Eating Nature 2 By John K.

Nature gives way to death today,
some would say that death is here to stay,
but death will give way to beauty someday,
and beauty will be here to stay,
until man comes to take her away.
But man will never last this way,
because without nature he will waste away,
so death gives way to us that day,
and beauty comes again to stay.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing