U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 06:03 PM

247 posts, read 520,520 times

Advertisements

I once knew A lady that could do anything, she never had a nice house fancy clothes or A diamond ring.

She wore Blue jeans and boots, and always a hat. She even had a Chain drive wallett! She was comfortable like that..

She could rebuild an engine, also a carburetor,even A starter and an alternator. She could operate Equipment, anything from Skidders to Dozers, swathers and hay bailers..She could fall A tree, Homelite was her favorite saw

She could patch my pants, make Dinner out of almost nothing..Yeah this lady was really something, she often did our laundry in a bucket! She didnt have an easy life though she would seldom fuss, the nicest house she ever had was an old beat up school bus..

In 1996, I was sitting beside her on her bed. She was dying from cancer had no hair upon her head. Before she went to heaven, she turned to me and said. I love you son, i said i love you too Mom and I kissed her on her head...

My Mom Nov-8-1943 to apri- 25-1996
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:12 PM

28,486 posts, read 27,277,277 times
Keep it close to your heart. Look at it from time to time and change it when you think that you need to. Works of love are an ongoing process.

Oh man, I wish that I'd known your Mama (if, indeed, you were writing about your own Mama) and that she could teach me how to rebuild an engine.

it is just us... i sit at the table, hungry, awaiting the evening meal. will there be a meal? she will always put something on the table - only God knows how she accomplishes that task. sometimes it is little, and sometimes it is less. cocoa made with water and a slice of bread with a smear of lard
I awake in the night with pains in my stomach

Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah that was my mom I wrote about in the poem, we traveled the U.S. for many years tramping around, we worked the fields from south texas, to arizona, southern californie Oregon washington.. then we would log in montana or cut posts and poles,.. we would also Haul scrap Metal alot, if dad could find it, many people gave it to us just to get rid of it.. we all worked my sisters and I and my mom and dad, my dad was disabled and old, or old for having young kids im 37 and if he were alive today he would be 87, mom was twenty years younger then him.. when we would brake down along the road where ever it may be, mom would alwasy be the one to walk to try and get gas or whatever we may need, she done alot of mechanic work on our junk.. I learned all the stuff i can do from mom and of course dad, but if I take after either of them it would be mom... she was awesome!! I dont know why she stayed with dad but for whatever reason she did.. when she was diagnosed with cancer she and dad and my little sister tracy were living in the Desert just out side of Ehrenberg arizona, I wand my wife were in Casagrande Arizona.. I Had started working towards my dream of Being a trucker and got my Commercial Drivers License.. and landed a job driving A belly dump truck traveling on a road paving crew.. I did that untill 2000, then they went out of business.. thats when I and my wife got our first home.. I never had a house or home from march of 1980 to march of 2000... My Little sister tracy that i mentioned earlier is the Girl kristen Stewart portrayed in the Movie Into The Wild... I have been working on writing two Books since 1996 then i get frustrated or upset and throw them away, I just started doing it again, im calling them "A Long road" Taters story... i Just started to try and write poems so I dont know if im any good at it, but they all will be about real life stuff that i have seen or done...

Last edited by virgil tatro; 12-03-2010 at 06:08 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Almost twenty years ago i ran away with a girl, homeless and hungry she was my world..Determined and scared, we were just kids trying to get away from the life that we lived. We had already spent our lives on the road, the road was nothing new but where should we go?

we lived on the road many more years, our life was full of struggles and tears. With worries and doubts, and dreams in our hearts, all we really wanted was a good start.. Nothing came easy but we never gave up. She was always by my side this girl that i love..

Many mistakes have been made since we ran away, but the best decision I have ever made was when we left that day..

if i wrote a story about my life, i would tell you for almost twenty years Tonya's been my wife.. and if i wrote the lyrics, a song about my life with my wife, It would be a love song twenty years long...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or