Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM

203 posts, read 712,571 times

Advertisements

Hey all. I would have posted sooner but we finally got internet at the house this week. We definitely miss the open spaces, animals, and friends. I have to get use to the traffic and the fruit loops again.

Things I do like here is the farmer's market with all the fresh produce and the weather has been really good for the garden I just planted. There is a bike trail that runs for about 35 miles along the American River that I have been riding. We also live next door to my in-laws, which was good considering my mother-in-law fell off the deck and fractured her pelvis, luckily my husband found her because she was home alone at the time and it was almost 100.

I hope everyone on the Wyoming forum is doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septocaine_queen View Post
Hey all. I would have posted sooner but we finally got internet at the house this week. We definitely miss the open spaces, animals, and friends. I have to get use to the traffic and the fruit loops again.

Things I do like here is the farmer's market with all the fresh produce and the weather has been really good for the garden I just planted. There is a bike trail that runs for about 35 miles along the American River that I have been riding. We also live next door to my in-laws, which was good considering my mother-in-law fell off the deck and fractured her pelvis, luckily my husband found her because she was home alone at the time and it was almost 100.

I hope everyone on the Wyoming forum is doing well.
I haven't been keeping up with everyone on this forum, so I was surprised to find out that you moved away from Gillette. After all those gorgeous photos you posted, I thought you would never leave there!

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are there with your mother-in-law during her time of need. As far as cities in California go, Sacramento is, in my opinion, one of the nicer ones because of everything it offers. You're centrally located between the mountains and the ocean, there are still some wide open spaces not far from town, and there are some neat things to see and do within Sacramento, as well as the area around it.

You've probably already been there, but if not, you should definitely visit Old Sacramento. It's a neat place to spend a day or so. If it interests you, you can also take a boat tour of the Sacramento River, or a train ride behind a steam locomotive. In addition, there are some nice museums there, including the California Railroad Museum and a museum about the early years in Sacramento. Not far from there is Sutter's Mill, which is in the middle of the gold rush area. There is a lot of history in that area.

As for Wyoming, I miss it every time I leave there, and unfortunately, I've only had the opportunity to live there for a few days at a time each summer. I certainly understand why you miss it. I am looking forward to when I can move there for good, but that is still years away. I agree with you that the people and the open spaces are quickly missed when I leave there, not to mention the animals. I love seeing the pronghorn on the prairies when I get out that way. I have yet to see any in California, though there are some places that they exist.

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Wyoming, so I can take in the fantastic scenery and visit with the wonderful people there.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:32 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Hey there, septocaine_queen! Nice to hear from you again. I hope everything works out great for you in Sacramento.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:10 PM

203 posts, read 712,571 times
Thanks for the nice words. The weather is very uneventful here compared to WY. In Wyoming you can watch the weather change right before your eyes and here everyday is blue sky and sunny. I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming