Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:19 PM

37 posts, read 156,036 times

Advertisements

Both of my kids live in Phoenix, and they both would like to come back to Wyoming. I live in town of 400, the next nearest town is 20 miles and has 1700. The next town is 60 miles and is booming right now. It is called Rawlins. Housing in this area isn't astronomical, just hard to find. We are in the middle of an oil and gas boom which has caused our county population to grow quickly. Since we're so small naturally all the houses are bought. You might not like Saratoga, it's pretty isolated, kind of like Cicely on Northern Exposure, but Rawlins isn't too bad. Not a whole lot of pretty really being out on the edge of the Red Desert, but there are a lot of opportunities there for work right now. The mountains and rivers and lakes are only a 30-60 minute drive. Rawlins schools aren't too bad. There are a few more things to do there, than here that's for sure.
Our weekends in the summer are usually filled with Rodeos, Mountain Man Rendezvous' , Poker runs in boats and motorcycles, Arts Festival, Music Festivals, and many other great things to do with your family.
You should surf the web and find the Wyoming Workforce site. It shows what is available in this area. I live in Carbon County, but Sweetwater County is right next door.
If you'd like to talk more, email me, I'll be glad to answer your questions or at least point you in the right direction. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM

6 posts, read 47,117 times
Hey Wild Hare...question for you...my husband and I currently live in Sioux Falls, SD but are wanting to relocate to WY (hey dan k, we moved up here from PX too...I lived about a block from the school you went to!!!)...anyway...my husband has been self emp for years doing home improvement/handyman work (tile, hardwood, siding, roofs, decks, paint, etc). Where do you think he'd find the most work? We love the mountains (Cody or Sheridan???) but not sure...any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming