Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,059,151 times

Advertisements

Oh Puhleez!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 09:57 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
Well that was rather clever....

You called villagefish, "the village people". Was that your stab at just being rude or was it an anti-gay slur?

Am I perfect? NO! But half the posts in this thread are not helping what many already think of wyoming.
I wish you would clarify something for me.

If Wyoming is such a hell hole, why are you still there?

I live in a third world cesspool. But I'm not sitting around here whining about it. I've done my best to bring the deterioration of California, particularly So Cal into the public eye, and now I am getting the hell out of here. I'm not sitting around here crying about what a terrible place it is to live. I'm leaving and it just so happens that I've been blessed enough to be accepted to U of W. Personally, I don't want to raise my son in California but I am thrilled beyond words to raise him in Wyoming.

If you and the villagefish are so unhappy in the most beautiful state in the union, you should really consider somewhere more "progressive" like L.A. or New York City.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 AM

74 posts, read 312,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I wish you would clarify something for me.

If Wyoming is such a hell hole, why are you still there?

I live in a third world cesspool. But I'm not sitting around here whining about it. I've done my best to bring the deterioration of California, particularly So Cal into the public eye, and now I am getting the hell out of here. I'm not sitting around here crying about what a terrible place it is to live. I'm leaving and it just so happens that I've been blessed enough to be accepted to U of W. Personally, I don't want to raise my son in California but I am thrilled beyond words to raise him in Wyoming.

If you and the villagefish are so unhappy in the most beautiful state in the union, you should really consider somewhere more "progressive" like L.A. or New York City.
I do not live in wyoming anymore, but did live in the state for over 10 years. I am sorry that you do not appreciate my right to my opinion. The fact still remains that stupid comments like "village people" make your new home look ignorant.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:49 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
I do not live in wyoming anymore, but did live in the state for over 10 years. I am sorry that you do not appreciate my right to my opinion. The fact still remains that stupid comments like "village people" make your new home look ignorant.
I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion. I don't understand why you have to continue to beat a dead horse though, especially if you've moved out of Wyoming. Shouldn't you have moved on from your antipathy toward the state and its people by now?

As far as the village people comment is concerned, my reaction to that is, "big whup." I consider myself to be an intelligent woman. One person calling another person a name does not condemn the entire populace nor the state itself.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:00 PM

33 posts, read 148,466 times
Back that pony up! There was no gay slur intented with the " village people "
tag, there are 3 of them complaining about WY (2-villagefish 1-logicskier) hence the village people. If you hate it so bad there leave, don't sit there and just wallow in misery, or get on this forum and tell people that WY is hell on earth. We use to live in NC for almost a year. We were so miserable with the weather ( HUMIDITY ) we moved north at a lost. We loved the slow pace there, we just could'nt take the long hot humid summer.

So now we are working on moving to Norther WY very soon. We are well aware of the weather, the sparse population, no big city lights or malls, long distances between towns, or having to be self sufficient when the conditions require it. I've been there several times, and my family has been there twice, this is what we want a good home, and a good place to raise our kids, and we're all looking forward to it.

So please either do something about it, or let it go.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,709,051 times
Guys, calm down and get back on topic or infractions will follow.
Yac.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM

44 posts, read 136,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie07 View Post
i live in metro detroit I am a 30 year old AFR/American what is the job market like a lot of people are moving to wyoming from here and how diverse is wyoming
I'm originally from metro detroit as well, but I've been in WY for the past 10 years. There isn't much diversity here, but I definitely notice that if you're a blue collar worker around here and you're willing to pull your own weight and work, you are respected and if you're not, then you're not respected. It doesn't matter what race you are - it just matters whether you work or pawn your work load off on your fellow workers. There is a lot of respect out here for people that are hard workers. I've noticed an increase in diversity around Buffalo. Not only are there more african americans, but also I've noticed more hispanics, oriental and arabic people. What is nice is that you see all the kids playing together at the park. They aren't divided up according to their race and that's very different from what I grew up seeing in metro detroit.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
Default Moving from Michigan To Wyoming

Hello
my husband was offered a job in wyoming, they said it will be better for all of us we are fine on one income now i ws told that we would both have to work in order to make it out in wyoming i have three kids i want to stay home with my children. Is this possible? I herd it isn't so I will not move untill i get more info. Please some one help me thank you

Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 PM

215 posts, read 666,687 times
Default It is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_MOM_3inmich View Post
Hello
my husband was offered a job in wyoming, they said it will be better for all of us we are fine on one income now i ws told that we would both have to work in order to make it out in wyoming i have three kids i want to stay home with my children. Is this possible? I herd it isn't so I will not move untill i get more info. Please some one help me thank you
Yes It is possible to be a stay at home mom and live in Wyoming. Not easy but possible. The husband had better have a darn good job and be able to find affordable housing. I would do some major research on the the area you are planning on moving to and find out what the housing market is like.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 5,199 times
Hello! We are from Michigan and would LOVE to move to Wyoming. Michigan's economy is the very worst in the nation with little hope for any contruction/trades work ahead. It's simple.... we both WANT to work. We are both independent people who can BOTH bring something to Wyoming as far as skilled trades go! However, we can not sleep on the ground with Winter coming. Does anyone in Sheridan or surrounding areas have a room for rent with access to water and perhaps even kitchen privledges?
My Hubby is a Master Contractor Electrician in Michigan and a licensed Journeyman Electrician in the State of Wyoming. He could even do some electrical work for you! He just needs a decent and clean place to sleep while he works... He will leave before me while I wrap up details here. I will join him after he finds us an apartment to rent and live. We both have allot to offer your lovely state and will not bring bad attitude with us! We have a 40 acre farm here in Michigan with a three bedroom ranch/2 bathrooms/walkout basement only 29 years old. Our acreage has 30 acres of woods with very marketable timber. Anyone want to trade??? Michigan is a lovely state as long as you do not need money or a job!!! It is even lovelier if you are a left-winged LIBERAL. There is every social program imaginable here. We are conservatives and self-reliant.... that is why Michigan no longer works for us!
Please respond if you can help us find a rental/room. We have references! You may e-mail us at thompson.trio@worldnet.att.net

Last edited by Starnite; 08-16-2007 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: adding one more sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming