Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM

7 posts, read 33,476 times

Advertisements

My husband is also a Veteran. Thank God your son made it safely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Today, a plane landed in North Carolina. When the door opened, the people waiting for their plane starte applauding. This yound marine wasn't sure what it was all about. But he proudly walked through the group and shook hands with those that offered. He was loudly applauded until he was out of site.

Yeah. My son come home from 14 months in Iraq. Two purple hearts and he's now with his wife. A couple of weeks to clean up things in NC and then he's headed for the Big Horns of Wyoming.

Thank you lord for bringing him home to me. Can you look out for the rest of the troups and bring them home as well?

Oh happy day!!! SO happy for you all!
lol oh they will always be our
no matter how grown up they are,

And congrats on another side note here. Do you know you are 1 of 20 original posters that have been here the longest??? You are being talked about in the about forum section......

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...ty-data-3.html

Again! congrats on your son's return home!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 05:07 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post

Oh happy day!!! SO happy for you all!
lol oh they will always be our
no matter how grown up they are,

And congrats on another side note here. Do you know you are 1 of 20 original posters that have been here the longest??? You are being talked about in the about forum section......

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...ty-data-3.html

Again! congrats on your son's return home!!!!

Thanks, I wasn't aware of being an old veteran of City-Data.

By the way, I cut an pasted everybody's well wishing to a single email and I forwarded it to my son.

Thank you everybody for your well wishing.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
Very glad to hear that news.

I have friends in wyoming with young men and wemon in the war. So far none has lost their lives there. We can only hope they come home.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
congrats on the good news, and convey our appreciation to your son; and our thoughts continue with those on the field and for the families of those who are injured or killed. It is certainly a different world, and the 'gray' areas are gonna be a challenge to retain commitment. Not like the era's that preceded us, tho the battle is intense, and we best open our eyes.

also congrats on your city-data status. It is quite difficult to keep from getting banned (especially as your approval rating grows) as some of these forums are quick to axe dissenting posters. I find WY and NE to be quite tolerant, and you can even see bazaar opinions expressed. (even if the advice given does not wave the state flag). We appreciate your views and info, I hope they keep you around

Old 07-25-2007, 03:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
Oh that is great news!!! Please tell him thank from my family to his for his service and sacrifice... We are truly thankful...

I am so happy he is home safe and sound... I bet you are so proud of him....

Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
How wonderful for your family. Your son has my appreciation for serving our country as he has. I share your prayers for the safety of our men and women over there.
Well, Tigergal pretty much summed up what I was going to say when I read the news. I thank you and your son and father for the sacrifices you have all made for our wonderful country.

I passed through Sheridan this past Monday, the 23rd, and I was thinking of you and Kristynwy. I thought about what I would say if I were to run into you (don't worry - it would have been kind words). Since you posted your picture on another thread a while back, I think I would have recognized you, but, alas, I didn't run into you while I was there.

I just wanted to let you, and everyone else here, know that I was thinking of all of you on this forum as I passed through Wyoming this past week, and from all the time I've spent on here with everyone, I think of many of you as friends, even though we've never met face to face.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:55 PM

44 posts, read 137,200 times
Tell your son, "welcome home." My dad is a Vietnam vet and it took 15 years before anyone told him, "Welcome home." I hope we never again treat our war vets the way the Vietnam vets were treated. That is so disgraceful. I know it still goes on, but I hope that the vast majority of us welcoming them home will out yell the ones calling them killers, etc.

Sidenote regarding Sheridan. A group I belong to was collecting money to buy phone cards for the deployed Wyo guard guys from Sheridan, along with jerky, snacks, etc. Our coordinator received several calls early early in the morning, telling her that we were supporting killers and how terrible we were for doing so. I was shocked that that mentality even existed in Sheridan. Sheridan is a very conservative and patriotic town, but it is changing. Even heard from the wife of a deployed guardsman who said she too received similar calls about being married to a killer. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM

44 posts, read 133,260 times
As a wife of a Vet I would like to say welcome home son we are glad you made it

Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM

12 posts, read 59,473 times
ElkHunter,

God bless you, your son, and both of your families. Please convey my thanks to him for his service to this country we all love deeply and dearly, and assure him that my hat is off to him with respect and gratitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: