Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 07:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My girlfriend and I live in Omaha, NE (eastern side of the state on the Missouri River) and we're planning a trip to the panhandle of our state to see Toadstool. While we're there, we thought about going through Cheyenne for a night or two. Can you anyone give me an idea of what to do while we're there/sights to see. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 10:21 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Well, here are a couple ideas:
Visit the Cheyenne Botanical Garden. It is located in Lions Park across from the Frontier Days rodeo arena. While not huge, it is large enough that you can spend a couple hours touring the grounds, and there might be a few things you'd still miss in that time. I went there last month with my kids, and though they weren't as interested as I was, they did find it interesting at times. I thought it was a beautiful place, and also liked the passively heated greenhouse, which is something I hope to build on my own property sometime. I wanted to get some ideas for when I do that.

You can also visit the Frontier Days museum, next to the rodeo arena, and across the street from the Botanical Garden mentioned above. Both of these places have websites you can see to get more information.

Cheyenne Botanic Gardens: is the link for the garden.
Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum is the link for the museum.

If you're into hiking and that sort of outdoor activity, you can go to Vedauwoo Recreation Area or Curt Gowdy State Park, both west of Cheyenne.

Dave's Wallpaper - Vedauwoo - Medicine Bow National Forest - Laramie, Wyoming this link has some info and a bunch of great pictures.
Wyoming Curt Gowdy State Park - WyomingTourism.org (http://www.wyomingtourism.org/cms/d/curt_gowdy_state_park.php - broken link) this is a link about the State Park.

If you like old trains, there is a "Big Boy" locomotive on display in Holladay Park. More info about this, and many other things can be found at this website:

Welcome to Cheyenne, Wyoming

Good luck on your travel plans, and have a great time when you visit Cheyenne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming