Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM

39 posts, read 100,703 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I actually have a school assignment that calls for the weather in Powell during all seasons. I thought the best place to go would be to the locals.

Please note, though, that I am not asking you to do my homework for me. I'm doing research as well. I just would really like some input from some folks who live here!

I have this so far.. is there anything that might need correcting?

The temperatures can range from 6 degrees in January to 85 during July and August. Powell receives less-than-average rainfall, but is slightly muggier during the mornings from March through June compared to US average. It is also windier than US average and receives about 17” of snow per year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

-Callie

Last edited by Love_Idaho; 05-26-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
If you look up Powell here there are some nice weather charts. //www.city-data.com/

As you can see in the charts, Humidity is lower then most US cities in morning and afternoon. Rainfall is so low, saying it is less then average is an under understatement of how low it is. Wind speeds are not just higher then average, they are higher then most US cities for almost every month of the year, yet lower then many places in Wyoming. Snowfall amounts should be mentioned, look at the charts.

If you look at the record lows and highs, temperatures can range much more then you have indicated.

Also Intellicast - Powell Historic Weather Averages in Wyoming (82435)

Last edited by CptnRn; 05-26-2011 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM

Yes, actually that's where I had gone too..
However, I don't think I need to mention the temperature in 1982.. just the averages (or the basics) are required.
Thank you for that website, though! Very helpful!

Last edited by Love_Idaho; 05-26-2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Idaho View Post
Yes, actually that's where I had gone too..
However, I don't think I need to mention the temperature in 1982.. just the averages (or the basics) are required.
But your statement did not mention the average temperatures, you wrote: "The temperatures can range from 6 degrees in January to 85 during July and August."

That is not correct or accurate. According to the historical data, temperatures can range from a -33 in Feb. to 104 in July. In order to be correct your statement would have to say: "The average temperatures can range from 6 degrees in January to 85 during July and August." But that is not saying much and is misleading because the daily temperatures can vary significantly from those numbers.

Never shoot to just meet the requirements, unless all you want for your future is to be average.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM

Look, I didn't come here looking to cause trouble or anything.. I just wanted some help from someone who was familiar with the area. My teacher asked me to include the records of Powell, Wyoming in a college report and that's what I needed to do. I just had some trouble finding correct records of Powell (I knew they weren't correct because one sight would say over 100 inches of snow while another would have just a few inches. Those variations are too broad to be correct) so I needed to go somewhere that I could trust - City Data. According to the averages, my statement was correct, with the exception of adding the word 'average' before 'temperatures can range...'
I understand that the daily temps can vary from that, but its what my teacher asked for, so that's what I must put down.

And trust me, my life is already beyond average. And including the average temperatures of Powell, Wyoming isn't going to change that.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM

No one accused you of causing trouble. All I did is answer your questions, pointing out things that you wrote which are in need of correction, as you requested. I regret that my attempt to help you made you defensive. I wish you all the best.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Yes, I did request it. But when you tried correcting something that didn't need correcting according to what my teacher needed of me I kindly told you that it was not necessary but thank you anyways. You then came back with the second reply which made me feel like I had caused something more than I had intended so, yes, I wanted to defend my position on the matter.
Wish you the best, too..

Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,841 times
.....................Powell seems to have rather "mild" Wyoming weeather from my research/chats with locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming