Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
elkhunter thats alot of meat how much do you eat? do you give some away, or use it all?
400 pounds is about right for 1 person for the year. Course, I have the grandkids out every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 PM

380 posts, read 1,145,189 times
my granny chicken fried the deer meat...wow it was good

Old 10-19-2011, 09:08 PM

elkhunter can i still get a over the counter tag? what are the prices/out of state?
when does deer season end?
http://gf.state.wy.us/QuotaAvailabil...otaReport.aspx

Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 PM

46 posts, read 115,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyBottoms View Post
Most hunters surely have a severe lack of conscience as well as sportmanship, as evidenced by the other posters in this thread. Unfortunately any dink with a gun is allowed to go out there and shoot what they want.
Hunters have no conscience? Really? So does that mean all meat eaters have no conscience? Because whether you hunt or not, if you eat, something dies.

I agree- there are some bad apples. I've heard stories already this year from the local game warden that will make your hair curl, and all out of state hunters. It makes me sick. The few bad apples give the rest who have ethics, who carefully analyze the shot, who practice their shooting for an instant kill shot so the animal doesn't suffer, who memorize all the rules and regs and quadruple check the animal in their scope before they pull the trigger to make sure it is in fact a doe, if that is what the tag is for, or a buck if that is what the tag is for. Most hunters are highly ethical people who have a great respect for the outdoors and nature.

Everyone I know that hunts does so for food. Its no different than going to the meat aisle at the grocery store and picking out some meat. Except with hunting, you have control over how that animal is treated. Have you seen how slaughterhouse and feedlot animals are treated? It is AWFUL.

Wild game die nearly instantaneously. It is a form of population control that has been in effect for MILLIONS of years. Overpopulation of wild animals = more illness, starvation and suffering for the animals, and the land, vegetation and other animal species in the ecosystem suffer. There is a food chain for a reason.

Just because we have grocery stores nowadays where we can get mass produced chemically enhanced, hormonally and antibiotically imbalanced meat, doesn't mean someone who hunts has no conscience or is a killer. Guess what- that meat in the grocery store, it was from an animal too! And guess what- it had to die too! And likely was mistreated or even abused before it died, hardly got any open space to roam around (especially if it was a chicken). Commercially raised meat animals lead awful lives (in most cases)

So before you make a broad statement like that, I suggest you do some research.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
elkhunter can i still get a over the counter tag? what are the prices/out of state?
when does deer season end?
Wyoming Game and Fish - Available Quota Report
Bring it on. Come on out.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 PM

38 posts, read 62,008 times
Man I want to go hunting so bad!!!! I LOVE dear and elk meat...elk steaks at the top of my list!!!!!! Will eat that over cow any day of the week.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:49 AM

more for a friend than myself/ i might take one...when does deer season end?

hunters protect the wild game more than anyone....it even has worked in Africa
the money gives game and fish power, time and means to enforce the rules
to protect the game to preserve future numbers for both non hunters to see
and hunters to well you know!

Last edited by Claim Jumper; 10-20-2011 at 01:58 AM..

Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
more for a friend than myself/ i might take one...when does deer season end?

hunters protect the wild game more than anyone....it even has worked in Africa
the money gives game and fish power, time and means to enforce the rules
to protect the game to preserve future numbers for both non hunters to see
and hunters to well you know!
Depends where. Different area's have different dates.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaroo1223 View Post
Hunters have no conscience? Really? So does that mean all meat eaters have no conscience? Because whether you hunt or not, if you eat, something dies.

I agree- there are some bad apples. I've heard stories already this year from the local game warden that will make your hair curl, and all out of state hunters. It makes me sick. The few bad apples give the rest who have ethics, who carefully analyze the shot, who practice their shooting for an instant kill shot so the animal doesn't suffer, who memorize all the rules and regs and quadruple check the animal in their scope before they pull the trigger to make sure it is in fact a doe, if that is what the tag is for, or a buck if that is what the tag is for. Most hunters are highly ethical people who have a great respect for the outdoors and nature.

Everyone I know that hunts does so for food. Its no different than going to the meat aisle at the grocery store and picking out some meat. Except with hunting, you have control over how that animal is treated. Have you seen how slaughterhouse and feedlot animals are treated? It is AWFUL.

Wild game die nearly instantaneously. It is a form of population control that has been in effect for MILLIONS of years. Overpopulation of wild animals = more illness, starvation and suffering for the animals, and the land, vegetation and other animal species in the ecosystem suffer. There is a food chain for a reason.

Just because we have grocery stores nowadays where we can get mass produced chemically enhanced, hormonally and antibiotically imbalanced meat, doesn't mean someone who hunts has no conscience or is a killer. Guess what- that meat in the grocery store, it was from an animal too! And guess what- it had to die too! And likely was mistreated or even abused before it died, hardly got any open space to roam around (especially if it was a chicken). Commercially raised meat animals lead awful lives (in most cases)

So before you make a broad statement like that, I suggest you do some research.
"Commercially raised meat animals lead awful lives (in most cases)" that a very broad statment when was the last time you visted a ranch, feedlot or slaughter plant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming