Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,835 times

Advertisements

Wyoming has approximately 1800 manufacturers, the majority of which are small and many are lifestyles businesses, or garage businesses and are usually retailers as well. However there are about 850 real manufactures in Wyoming that make products from high caliber firearms (Freedom Arms for example, there are 10 other firearm makers here). There is some aircraft production here (one would be AVIAT - already mentioned in the blog), there are environmental analysis products made in several parts of the state, the majority of animal tracking eartags, etc. for wild and domestic use are made here. A huge amount of mining equipment and energy related equipment is fabricated in Wyoming as well. Unique aircraft insulation and housing material is made here as has already been mentioned, as well as hydraulic gate controls and high end security gates for private residence and for industry. the allwyoming.uwyo.edu website gets you a pretty good sampling and can be sorted by county location so you can find the place you are curious about moving to. The Manufacturing-works.com website will give you a wide range of opportunities for information and to ask questions of individuals in the area you are curious about. Wyoming is like no place on earth adn the uniqueness is what we all love here, Forever West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Wyoming Whiskey | Kirby, Wyoming in Kirby, Wyoming.

Quote:
Production began July 4, 2009 but because no one has made a whiskey in an environment equal to Wyoming (arid at high elevation), Defazio said, they can’t be sure when the bourbon will be done with aging process.

Best guess is two-to-six years, an estimation that inspires another Defazio slogan: “It will be good and ready when it’s good and ready,” he said. JHW

April 7, 2011 they accomplished the milestone of 2,000 barrels

Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post

Oh that's cool.. I wonder if they use oak barrels and if so, are there barrels made in Wyoming now-a-days? Maybe oak isn't available?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 PM

254 posts, read 878,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Oh that's cool.. I wonder if they use oak barrels and if so, are there barrels made in Wyoming now-a-days? Maybe oak isn't available?
I didn't think oaks grew in Wyoming for a long time---but, to my surprise, there are a lot in the valleys near Hulett. They have a beautiful, distinctive green color in the spring that really stands out. I seriously doubt any are harvested for anything--but they're there nonetheless.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Quote:
look at the sight and see the oak barrels, been to a few aution where they sold barrel heads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
On the "Partners" page they have a link to Independent Stave Company, leading manufacturer of white oak barrels, since 1912. It looks like they make the barrels. They are out of Missouri.

If anyone is interested, Wyoming Whiskey's press release says: "Tours will be conducted Monday through Friday, by reservation. We suggest that you call the distillery at (307) 864-2116 to arrange a tour time. Drop-ins may be accepted if our work schedule
allows".

Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
What would a western state be without a hat manufacturer ? Home Page
Do many people wear western/cowboy hats these days? I see a few around here in MN, and usually they are country music aficionados, more than real cowboys.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Do many people wear western/cowboy hats these days? I see a few around here in MN, and usually they are country music aficionados, more than real cowboys.
They are still popular around here. I still wear mine.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:47 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Quote:
I still wear mine. Most of my friends do, too.

The name for those not familiar with cowboy hats, I refer to them as "Personal Weather Diversion Devices."

Old 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,662 times
Here in Cody we have a wallboard plant, and I know there is another wallboard plant (Pacific Gypsum?) we service north of Greybull.
There are a lot of Bentonite plants in this part of Wyoming. Of course Bentonite is processed not manufactured.
I think Pepsi is bottled here also
In Lovell they process sugar beets into syrup/sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming