Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 PM

45 posts, read 115,184 times

Advertisements

We have just recieved a job offer in Gillette WY. (YAY)
We are a family with 3 kids under the age of 7.
We could so use some advice.
We are not afraid of weather or country.
We are interested in the schools and the values.
Please! Please! We could really use some help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
I've lived in Gillette for 40 years, but I'm not sure what kind of advice you want. Public schools are excellent, and there are a couple Christian schools -- one Catholic and one non-denominational. By far, most attend the public schools. It's been many years since my kids were in school here, but at the time I thought the teachers and offerings were very good. My opinion of the current schools is the same.

Gillette is mostly a blue collar town, and (guessing) most adults are transplants here. You needn't be a native to be welcomed immediately. Just roll up your sleeves and get to work in the community and you'll be one of us from day one.

The area is generally conservative. Republicans usually win the vote by fairly wide margins, but a strong Democrat can win office too. Christian values? Is that what you're asking about? I personally don't like to call values that (not sure exactly what it means). There are Christians of all kinds in the community, but I don't think it's imperative to be a church goer to be accepted.

If there's anything more specific you'd like to know, just ask.

Eh, I just saw from your other thread that you're teachers. I think you'll like the school system here. My wife was a teacher's assistant for several years before moving here and for awhile after moving here 13 years ago. She was laid off after her special needs student transferred, got another job and never went back to the school district. Had she been certified, I'm sure she'd still be teaching.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:48 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times
Welcome to Wyoming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: