Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
If only Cody had a Home Depot (and a Target), life would be complete.
With Billings only being an hour & a half away, it makes for a nice Saturday or Sunday getaway. Some folks even go up for the evening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiainwyo View Post
With Billings only being an hour & a half away, it makes for a nice Saturday or Sunday getaway. Some folks even go up for the evening!
Yeah, but if you are like me, you'll get home from a Home Depot run and then remember you were supposed to pick up a new washer for the bathroom sink.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yeah, but if you are like me, you'll get home from a Home Depot run and then remember you were supposed to pick up a new washer for the bathroom sink.
And if you're like me, the original purpose of going to Home Depot was to get that washer you forgot.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
And if you're like me, the original purpose of going to Home Depot was to get that washer you forgot.
That's why I makes lists!!! LISTS, gentlemen, LISTS!!!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM

774 posts, read 2,582,344 times
Quote:
I've done that, but truthfully, I'm not a fan of Billings. When this city girl got out of the city, I found I like small town life much more. I lived my first 44 years in a city of a million and now Billings seems too big to me! I spend my Saturday and Sunday getaways in Yellowstone.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I have yet to go to Billings without having that, "Oh flip, I forgot .... " moment around Belfry!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
That's why I makes lists!!! LISTS, gentlemen, LISTS!!!!!

I'm wonderful at making lists. I'm equally talented at leaving them on the kitchen table!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
All this talk about shopping makes me laugh. In Rock Springs we have a little mall, a Home Depot, Super Walmart, and Kmart and about the only ones I go to are Walmart and Kmart. The nearest place to shop is Salt Lake City and since I hate driving there I prefer to do as much of my shopping as I can online or wait until I make a visit to family and Montana and buy everything without a sales tax. I have found that I enjoy the small-town, few chain store lifestyle.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
All this talk about shopping makes me laugh. In Rock Springs we have a little mall, a Home Depot, Super Walmart, and Kmart and about the only ones I go to are Walmart and Kmart. The nearest place to shop is Salt Lake City and since I hate driving there I prefer to do as much of my shopping as I can online or wait until I make a visit to family and Montana and buy everything without a sales tax. I have found that I enjoy the small-town, few chain store lifestyle.
I prefer the small-town, few chain store lifestyle as well. I'd just gladly trade our Wal-Mart and K-mart for a Super-Target. I'd still like a Home Depot or Lowes though!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
I prefer the small-town, few chain store lifestyle as well. I'd just gladly trade our Wal-Mart and K-mart for a Super-Target. I'd still like a Home Depot or Lowes though!
I guess I have little need to go to a Home Depot since I rent and don't do carpentry or anything like that as a hobby. After working at a Target briefly in college that store has lost its mystique for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming