Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM

13 posts, read 26,231 times

Advertisements

We are SO EXCITED to be moving back to Wyoming this summer, and need a house. We really want to settle down in Sheridan, but I'm getting nervous about the lack of rentals, at least what I'm finding online. Every reasonably priced house on craigslist turns out to be a scam and the home is actually for sale.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there and maybe the universe would provide: me, my husband, our two boys and a well behaved border collie need a home with at least two bedrooms and a fenced yard in the under $900 a month range. Elbow room is more important than beauty, we really don't want to live in an apartment. We are quiet, hard working and dependable, if anybody hears of anything, please PM me!!! Many blessings, thanks for reading this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
You can google the real estate offices in Sheridan. All rentals are either private, word of mouth, or they are listed with one of the Real Estate Offices.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 AM

692 posts, read 1,706,838 times
under 900 is going to be tuff

Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Thanks elk hunter and eiafjam! I know, I'm really looking for a stroke of luck. Thinking positive and getting the word out!! If we have to cram into something tiny that's fine too. We are just getting ourselves out of the horror that is the real estate market in northern Nevada. It's gonna be tough but nobody ever said starting over is easy lol. I know something will work out. Thanks for the pm elk hunter, i was gonna reply but i guess i have a daily limit of PMs since I'm a newby.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:46 PM

97 posts, read 183,674 times
I was in your situation in April moving across town here in Sheridan. It really went down to the wire, let me tell you. I found a small 3bd house (that accepted pets) for $850. For being in Wyoming, this is pretty pet-unfriendly town huh? I guess it's the owners choice though... Either way, I just thought I would post and let you know there is hope!

I'll keep my eye out for ya. Good luck!

Oh, I found my place in the country bounty.

The Country Bounty - Classified Ads & Coupons

Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM

Oh, danweasel that does give me hope, thank you!! Yeah on Craigslist if you screen for places that accept dogs it kicks it down to three, two of which are scams. Sigh. I'm thinking that private listings or word of mouth are the way to go. I will check the (oops I mean the paper that shall remain nameless, lol, I was told that we can't link to specific places...helps keep advertising off the boards...so I'm thinking that link will get erased, but thank you because I saw a potential place!!) thanks! And if you decide to move let me know lol

Last edited by dylanb76; 05-17-2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanb76 View Post
Oh, danweasel that does give me hope, thank you!! Yeah on Craigslist if you screen for places that accept dogs it kicks it down to three, two of which are scams. Sigh. I'm thinking that private listings or word of mouth are the way to go. I will check the (oops I mean the paper that shall remain nameless, lol, I was told that we can't link to specific places...helps keep advertising off the boards...so I'm thinking that link will get erased, but thank you because I saw a potential place!!) thanks! And if you decide to move let me know lol
The link to the paper is fine. It is links to, or referenced to, individual Real Estate Offices that is a no no.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Ahh, gotcha, thanks elkhunter, I have outed myself as easily confused

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM

I realize that Sheridan is your number one goal, but have you thought about Ranchester, Dayton, Big Horn, or Story?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 PM

We have, my husband is more familiar with the area, and he mentioned Dayton and Buffalo, but hasn't said anything about the others you mention. I guess I haven't narrowed in on them just because we live in an outlying area now (25 miles to the town where my son goes to school) and the commute is so expensive with gas prices the way they are. I may be attending the college, and my son plays soccer, so I was sort of zeroed in on living in town. On the other hand, we do love living in the country....do you think we would find lower rents out there that would counteract the cost of gas? And are the schools competitive with ones in Sheridan? In grateful for any thoughts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming