Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:10 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times

Advertisements

And then, write for your local paper in New Zealand-eze. I'm enjoying just reading the posts from both of you and trying to figure out the vernacular!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 07:58 AM

5 posts, read 5,630 times
vernacular? No code here really, just a bit of Kiwiana to make sure he/she gets the picture.

What part of the "vernacular" don't you get. All just normal lingo down under

CHCH= Christchurch = location of a big bloody earthquake & 2nd largest manufacturing center in NZ, Jandels = sandals, singlet= armless T-shirt, Palmy = Palmerston North = windy and student city, Welli = Wellington=capital noted for bad wind, OE = Overseas Experience (but this can fill books!!). Some town names, etc.

What don't you understand besides that?????? (zizizizizi :-))

Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
"zizizizizi" for one. J/K

We have a few New Zealanders living in northern WY. At least during the summer. But we speak in two other jargons. Polo and/or cowboy.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:19 PM

29 posts, read 42,565 times
Thanks again jerry-wyo. You are font of useful knowledge!

And branDcalf - I have been consciously trying to be not too 'Kiwi' in the posts so people still know what I'm talking about but feel free to ask if I slip up too much

Old 06-29-2012, 06:14 AM

5 posts, read 5,630 times
@ branDcalf; well you got me with the J/K one too . Not being the big time blogger I'm on the dark side of the moon on that one.

@ ematthews: Find out anything on/about the Teachers Certs.? Did you catch much of the last storm up in Kaitaia? Wife says she is going home at noon to re-feed the log burner at present.

Had good rains here off and on for 3 weeks & has rained here all day. The river are coming up. Wish I could send some to western USA and cool/ wet things down some.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 PM

29 posts, read 42,565 times
I seem to catch all the storms up here - we even had a leak in our ceiling so had buckets spread around the lounge.

I am going to send my transcripts away for evaluation sometime in the next few weeks as I need that done before applying for certification - baby steps at this stage while I work my way through all the organisational stuffs.

I am jealous of your log burner.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:25 AM

10 posts, read 17,883 times
I'm a kiwi and the language is way different. My husbands an American who is picking up Kiwi slang and his friend/family wonder what he's talking about! And much to his annoyance I am always correcting his speech. "Aint goin' nowhere" is not english!
Good luck for the future ematthews, whether it be in WY or NZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming