Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
If My friend from MN did any research at all he would now that there are beef producers like Bear Creek Acres in EMBARRASS mn, that is in NE MN,
the Brown family farm AITKEN, lynn Brakke organic beef Mooehead
Alpaca frams like cairparavel alpaca farm in Grand Rapids, MN.
etc etc

Northern Mn Is not just a lost land of trees and reservations.

Lost dogs on the res have you been to the Res lately?
Notice all the dogs loose running at large?
A lot just get shot and a loose dog is just bait to a wolf.
Boy you have it out for people who do not agree with your point of view and ..just so you know.. Moorhead is not in the Ely-Tower-Virginia-Embarass area of MN... (Ely being where the Wolf center is located and where the reintroduction wolf range originated -My dad and daughter are both biologists for the US Fish and Wildlife Service ) and since I've been to the upper North Eastern area of MN many times I can say with confidence that the majority of the area is forest to dense timber compared to the western half and lower portions of the state where there is far more farm land. I wouldn't say the Iron Range is exactly "cattle country" compared to other portions of the state. USFWS: Gray Wolf Recovery in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan

And off the Reservation, a wolf was just shot locally because it attacked a man's dog just outside of the city limits, and came into his yard... it was deemed justifiable by the DNR. The guy wasn't baiting wolves, nor are other people who have dogs in this area. Incidentally, you sound as if you are against American Indians by that snide assumption about what happens on the "Res".

okay, steppin' off my soap box, EH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,169,496 times
naw your post didn't agree with mine so you have the problem as you disagreed.
Then you take a pot shot in a attempt to prove some point.
Wow, what a boring existence it would be if we all agreed.

so you have visited. (i get this attitude from folks in western states)
I live here, I was born here, go away, sound familiar?

Did I say moorhead was it was an example that there are ranches cows in northern MN when you said there are not.

If you read my posts you would also know I have no problem with someone shooting a wolf to protect their property be it a dog or a cow.

Now lets get to the RES comment.
Raciest because I made a comment about what happens on the res.
Well my friend it's not raciest all all.
Unlike you I have friends who live on the res and there is a res just a few miles away from us.
commenting on the dogs running at large is not raciest.
as a lot of people up nort let their dogs run then they wonder or get made when they don't come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Boy you have it out for people who do not agree with your point of view and ..just so you know.. Moorhead is not in the Ely-Tower-Virginia-Embarass area of MN... (Ely being where the Wolf center is located and where the reintroduction wolf range originated -My dad and daughter are both biologists for the US Fish and Wildlife Service ) and since I've been to the upper North Eastern area of MN many times I can say with confidence that the majority of the area is forest to dense timber compared to the western half and lower portions of the state where there is far more farm land. I wouldn't say the Iron Range is exactly "cattle country" compared to other portions of the state. USFWS: Gray Wolf Recovery in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan

And off the Reservation, a wolf was just shot locally because it attacked a man's dog just outside of the city limits, and came into his yard... it was deemed justifiable by the DNR. The guy wasn't baiting wolves, nor are other people who have dogs in this area. Incidentally, you sound as if you are against American Indians by that snide assumption about what happens on the "Res".

okay, steppin' off my soap box, EH.
Then there are those who get pissed if someone who does not live in WY should post their opinion like they have the market cornered.
well guess what you state is not the only one with a wolf population or one that has a problem with their growing population.
and your Woolf population is not all that large, it looks like a lit of saber rattling from some egotistic folks who need to prove their manhood.
like the ones who live just to shoot wolves.

Then there are the ones who really have a problem and they need to deal with the problem sooner than latter.

As I remember it WY is apart of the same country I live in.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
No, there is no corner on posting just because you are from another state. Read back through the whole thread and then do a search of the 20+ threads about this same subject that have been posted before. You will notice that each and every time, somebody that is NOT familiar with the problem, DOESN'T live or have a vested interest in the problem, seems to want to tell the farmers and ranchers and citizens of Wyoming, what is good for them. They like to drive through and see the "Pretty Wolf". They do not understand that that Pretty Wolf is so distructive and what it costs just so that person can drive through and say, "Look at the pretty wolf".

Most of us have very little problem with the wolves, but we do have a great deal of problem with people breaking their word. That is exactly what has happened here. They asked for 60 wolves and now that they have over 1500, they are still not happy. If you look simply at Wyoming, they asked for 20 wolves and now have approximately 300 that they can account for. How many can they not account for?

In Wyoming, your word is your bond and people live by that. They have short fuses and don't put up with people that do not follow that. Trust and bond important and in this case, both were shattered and now the people have to go in and clean up some idiots mess.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No, there is no corner on posting just because you are from another state. Read back through the whole thread and then do a search of the 20+ threads about this same subject that have been posted before. You will notice that each and every time, somebody that is NOT familiar with the problem, DOESN'T live or have a vested interest in the problem, seems to want to tell the farmers and ranchers and citizens of Wyoming, what is good for them. They like to drive through and see the "Pretty Wolf". They do not understand that that Pretty Wolf is so distructive and what it costs just so that person can drive through and say, "Look at the pretty wolf".

Most of us have very little problem with the wolves, but we do have a great deal of problem with people breaking their word. That is exactly what has happened here. They asked for 60 wolves and now that they have over 1500, they are still not happy. If you look simply at Wyoming, they asked for 20 wolves and now have approximately 300 that they can account for. How many can they not account for?

In Wyoming, your word is your bond and people live by that. They have short fuses and don't put up with people that do not follow that. Trust and bond important and in this case, both were shattered and now the people have to go in and clean up some idiots mess.
I'm not trying to split hairs, but where do you get the 60 and 20 numbers? Wasn't 100 the number the three states were each supposed to have?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I'm not trying to split hairs, but where do you get the 60 and 20 numbers? Wasn't 100 the number the three states were each supposed to have?
I posted it once, however.... THis is the original Wolf Recovery Plan put out by Fish and Game that started the whole mess. Take a look at Part II, around page 12. OR, read all 146 pages.

http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/...coveryPlan.pdf

Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
I wonder what planet these people are from, when I read crap like this:

10 Wolf Pups Slaughtered In Wyoming By Wildlife Services….SHAME ON THEM!! « Howling For Justice

Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I wonder what planet these people are from, when I read crap like this:

10 Wolf Pups Slaughtered In Wyoming By Wildlife Services….SHAME ON THEM!! « Howling For Justice
This is a prime example of a Special Interest Group that causes the trouble and gets some judge to stop what educated and informed people have already set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming