Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,611 times

Advertisements

Wow....just wondering what you all think of this.

‘By All Means, Leave’: The Amazingly Blunt Response One State Rep. Gave a Citizen Who Wrote Him Opposing Concealed Carry in Schools | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
gee she said if these thing happen she take her education ,family and leave. I know Hans and his Mom and Dad and don't have a problem with what he said and how he said it. I hear all the time from move in that we need this or that. I just say you knew those services were not here or that far away when you moved here.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,784,210 times
I'm okay with what he said to her.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
He's the kind we need in our legislature. I'd be very happy if she left and took a bunch of her kind with her.

Too many people today are afraid to speak the unvarnished truth. This man reminds me of Ronald Reagan. Surely, you all remember how the liberals attacked him when he called the Soviet Union "the evil empire".

Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,418,753 times
Makes me glad to see a Representative that Actually represents baseline beliefs that I hold. He's young though, so it most likely won't last (either the political career, or having a clue what the general population feels). Too bad I'm now in GA, which is only a couple years away from being a blue state.

In my eyes, he said what anyone who's proud of WY would have said. More tactfully than most, but not as tactfully as needed to avoid the shtstorm of negative outrage.

Based on the way you phrased your post, you think he was out of line. Care to share why?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times
While the Rep may have been a little less than diplomatic, the clarity of his position is well justified, and has frequently been posted on this forum by many.

The bottom line is Wyoming gets an influx of people who are attracted to Wyoming because it's so different than what they are choosing to leave (politically, socially, economically, for starters) ... and then, the first thing they want to do here is make it "just like home".

If it was so good "back home", then why did you want to leave there for a "better place to raise your children"? It comes off like we're the heathens that need to be converted to their enlightened way of thinking about all these issues .... and need to be taught the "proper ways" of living.

So I'm with the Rep ... don't like what Wyoming offers compared to where you are from? Please, stay there and leave us be.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
I agree with the rep and what has been said by all of the posters.

I also wonder if there has been past correspondence of other types and this was the only one that hit the press. haha

The ideals of moving to Wyoming are for what we have to offer. If somebody invites you to supper, you don't walk into their house demanding that they rearrange their furniture or tell them their religion is all wrong. You either go and be polite or you stay home. If you get there and the situation is not what you expected, you turn around and go home.

That doesn't mean that Wyoming is not open to new ideas, that just means that we have worked long and hard to make it what it is and to tell us it's wrong is telling us we don't know what we are doing. A slap on the face.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM

788 posts, read 1,741,611 times
No I don't have a problem with what he said - just thought I would share with this group to see what you all thought.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Makes me consider moving there now if I ever leave TX. At the least it put it on the list to visit!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Default Maybe blunt works

[Mod cut]

I have no problem with what your representative said to the lady that complained. None of you should have any problem if she leaves---and you shouldn't have any problem if she stays and votes her conscience either. That's what a democratic society is all about. Personally, I have mixed feelings about both those issues--guns in schools and fracking--there are points to be made on both sides.

[Mod cut]

It does appear that many may prefer politicians who are blunt with those who don't share their beliefs, but shun those who are blunt with us about their own shortcomings! I guess honesty may be the best policy, but not one we seek to reward.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 02-26-2013 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: This is the Wyoming Forum, National Politics need to go in P&OC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming