Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

Excuse me? You're going to put a collar on your pets that will automatically kill them if they stray beyond your fence line?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:12 AM

65 posts, read 129,859 times
These are dingoes, sir. Canis lupus. Loving but dangerous non-domesticated canines. Of course, those collars wouldn't detonate unless they leapt over my containing wall. That's 14 feet of concrete. The collars are just hypothetical anyway, I haven't seen one in my life. I heard they use them down under.

But let me ask you this, if it was my girls or your mother, would you have second thoughts about their heads exploding?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 AM

116 posts, read 449,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb coup View Post
Hi all,

And the kid lived anyway.
That makes it all right, then.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb coup View Post
These are dingoes, sir. Canis lupus. Loving but dangerous non-domesticated canines. Of course, those collars wouldn't detonate unless they leapt over my containing wall. That's 14 feet of concrete. The collars are just hypothetical anyway, I haven't seen one in my life. I heard they use them down under.

But let me ask you this, if it was my girls or your mother, would you have second thoughts about their heads exploding?
No need to be snippy. I asked a legitimate question.

(1) Indeed. Canis lupus dingo, a subspecies of canis lupus.
(2) You want to create a compound with 14' concrete walls in WY? Where do you keep your dingos now, so the general public is not being threatened by them?
(3) False dilemma (mother or dingos)
(4) How did it work out with importing your legless, diseased ex-circus performer pet baboon from Africa last year? I hope you found a solution...//www.city-data.com/forum/misso...boon-laws.html

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-06-2013 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Attack

Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Why would a person have such animals and entertain thoughts of blowing their heads off?

I don't think you, nor your pets would fit well in Wyoming. Animals are either trained, or not kept around here. If they cannot be trusted, cage them, simple as that.

There is absolutely no reason a person shouldn't be able to reach down and take a food dish away from a household pet. If you can't, you haven't trained them properly. I invite you to my house. Wait until my dog is eating and go over take her food. She will simply watch you do it. Go ahead, smack me, the dog will simply watch you do it. If I give a command, my dog will take your throat out. Proper training is the key. If a dog bites, it's the owners fault for not training them properly. It is not the dogs fault.

Now, if a person refuses to train their animal properly, sooner or later the animal will take the fall. I have shot many dogs and because the owner wouldn't take responsibility for proper ownership.

Training is the key. If I am home, you can walk up, kick the door in, walk over and kick my dog and she will do nothing, but she will be listening for me to give her commands. If I am not home, I wouldn't recommend entering my house, period. She knows that if I am home, I am in charge. If I am not home, she is in charge.

Too many people buy dogs as a pet and they think after the dog is housebroke, the training is over. Then they fight for the next 15 years with keeping an animal. Training is NEVER over. I worked with my dog for 3-4 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 2 years. After that, I have made sure that I dedicate at least an hour a day, to my dog. One on one, no distractions.

Every community has ordinances for dangerous pets. In my town, if a pet simply lunges against a fence when somebody walks by, the dog can be classified as dangerous (because you never know what it would do if the fence gave out) and the owner is ticketed, ONCE. Should the animal do it repeatedly, it will be removed within 24 hours, because in hour 25, the Sheriff will be at your door to remove it. In some towns that I have lived in, I have seen elderly folks walking along carrying a big walking stick and when asked why, they carry it to fend off dogs. In my community, we don't carry walking sticks because we are safe without them.

Should your animal wander onto my property once, I'll leash it and bring it up to you and we'll have a chat. Should it wander onto my property a second time, I'll ding it with my pellet gun as many times as I can before it exits. I will be up and have a second chat. Should it wander onto my property a third time, I'll drop it, simple as that. No, I won't be up to talk to you.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM

692 posts, read 1,706,477 times
Well said EH

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Yes, well put, except mine are DINGOES. They are trained, but still classified as non-domesticated canines. I've given them countless hours of training but they still bit that little girl's face off. Would I willingly kill them? Yes. But only if they tried to bite someone's face off again. I hope that makes you feel better.

In answer to a previous post, I'm not trying to be "snippy." You asked where I kept them. I currently keep them on my houseboat, which is in International Waters. When I eventually dock in the US, I will have to deal with "customs issues." When on land, I work with either containing walls or electrified fences. But I prefer containing walls for a number of reasons. The area I'm looking at in Wyoming is Laramie, which allows both.

One thing you didn't ask me is how I feel. Let me answer that. Exhausted and picked on.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM

I'm sorry but this is getting a little annoying. I told you it was not in the US where the child was bitten. The laws in the US aren't the laws of the world. Are you familiar with the laws in Turkey on dog biting, for instance? In Sri Lanka? My friend, they feed children to dogs in Sri Lanka. I, on the other hand, paid for all the medical expenses, even though I had the judge and cops in my pocket.

Please understand the issue before you jump on the bandwagon of hate.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM

10 posts, read 17,883 times
It doesn't matter what country the incident happened in, it can still happen again. Why wait until it does?
Dingoes get shot in Aussie, much like the coyotes do in WY. I have never heard of those nasty collars, I am assuming they are illegal in Aus.
I agree fully with EH and everyone else.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM

322 posts, read 587,282 times
Once again, the moderator provides the sanity to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming