Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,322 times

Advertisements

Curious to know what the job market is like in Rock Springs/Green River area? Is housing still hard to find?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomama2 View Post
I wasn't offended by Happy's comment, I didn't find an ounce of truth in it. Nothing to be offended about there.
I don't know why you would be offended by me referring to Cody as a tourist town, isn't it the main source of money there??
I totally agree with tigergal. I was (what I referred to as) "kind of offended" as Cody was called a tourist "trap", not town. I take pride in the fact that many tourists come to our area every year and I do not see them as being a problem at all and I do recognize it is a tourist town. Yes, tourism is the main industry in Cody, but there just aren't "that many" compared to places most would consider tourist "traps". Actually saying "who would want to live there" type comment was what bothered me. Cody is an awesome place to live and the only time the tourists really affect me is during the busiest summer months at restaurants, fast food joints, or maybe Walmart. It just makes for a longer wait for service, etc., but that isn't a big deal to me. I really love seeing the tourists browse downtown Cody. It is fun to watch them enjoy the little shops. I am sure that a lot of Cody residents haven't even been in a lot of the stores downtown, so tourism is definitely the livelihood of shop owners. I didn't mean to act offensive or rude, I am just happy to be where I am and take pride in Cody! Thanks for understanding

Last edited by georgiainwyo; 05-23-2013 at 02:35 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 704 times
Default rock springs...choose ur friends here wisely

Openly speaking, yes the meth problem here is big, not to mention the pills and heroine as well. alcoholism is big. make sure your marriage is strong cuz there are a lot of lose women and swingers in this little hole we call home. not everyone is like this, as to why i say choose ur friends here wisely. dont get me wrong, there are some dang good people here, u just need to really be careful who u let in. i have had both good and bad experiences here. i have just found that i am a lot more careful who i call my friend.

if you want diversity then this place is fairly open. my children are mixed and i can tell you from experience that the "N" word is thrown around a lot. it had made me very uncomfortable and my children as well. as i said before, just choose the people you let in very carefully.

overall i actually like rock springs. as with any other little town, there will be drama if you allow drama take foothold. stay strong in your marriage and in your family life, choose your friends wisely, and take up a hobbie and learn to love recreational activities. you will be just fine.

Last edited by bldeezwifey; 06-19-2014 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: wasnt finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming