Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:27 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times

Advertisements

Looks like LGBT discrimination is still legal in Wyoming:

LGBT anti-discrimination bill fails in Wyoming House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:40 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

Good. Normal people still have rights here.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 03-09-2015 at 11:48 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 11:57 AM

382 posts, read 936,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Good. Normal people still have rights here.
That post makes me really sad and disgusted.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:41 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post
That post makes me really sad and disgusted.
Gay people are welcome here in the other square state I guess this explains how that crazy ant-gay nut got elected lol!

Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 PM

322 posts, read 587,626 times
That is the best thing that could happen to the LGBT crowd.

Just ask the disabled. The passage of the American’s with Disabilities Act [ADA] only hurt their cause. Before the ADA, an employer could take a chance by hiring a disabled person. If it didn’t work out, no problem. But now, that same employer cannot take the chance because, if it doesn’t work out then all heck breaks loose and a lawsuit is possible if not probable.

Same for women, or minorities, or white men like me who are over “that certain unnamed age.” In any company, the CEO must be able to have full control, especially over the top managers, and must be able to hire and fire them at will. That can never be the case with any member of any protected class. And female/minority/disabled/etc. CEO’s have the same challenge. This goes double for the owner of a private, closely held company.

I have avoided being discriminated against because of my age only by creating my own job. But if I had the choice I would remove age discrimination as a protected class. Please government, stop helping me.

I know for sure that being a member of a protected class has no benefits but does have major liabilities.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:18 PM

293 posts, read 563,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

I was fairly involved in the legislative process this go-round, so the end result was disappointing. Nonetheless I was encouraged by the process and by how far things have come, having ended in a very close vote. Realistically, it's only a few years out from getting through.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM

84 posts, read 119,302 times
Got a throw in my two cents whether anyone cares or not. A major reason I Home School is that I don't believe my tax dollars that support the school district should be using my money or anyone esles to teach kids that immoral behavior is to be accepted, or that we need to be accepting and tolerant of things that go against our beliefs and constitutions. We and my family and people I associate with don't view homosexuality of anykind as something somebody was born with. We are fully aware that the LGBT says different and spends tons of money on lobbyist in DC to try and prove otherwise, but in actual truth it has never been proven scientifically and never will be because homosexuality is based on nothing more than lust.

With that being said, if you were a co-worker and advertized yourself as gay/bi or whatever, I would not treat you differently than any other worker or employee. Would I endorse or vote for special privileges for homosexual? No, I would not for reasons stated above. Would I invite you to my home to be around my kids? Nope, never. For the obvious is that the orientation you talked about in your OP. You were taught at 10. IMHO those who teach children such things ought to be shot. But in the supposed civilized society we live in that won't happen and the world will continue on it's sick merry way.

For the obvious, I assume in your mind you will refer to me as homophobic. And if you do or you don't, it doesn't matter, but first off you need to know is that I'm not afraid of you or the LGBT. I don't hate you either, but another obvious is that just based on your post here I wouldn't trust you around my children and I would let others know your orientation because they wouldn't trust you around their kids either. The only way homosexuality can thrive is by induction and orientation and the only way that happens is what we see happening in schools today, like what happened to you. I do believe it is my sacred duty as a parent and a father to protect my children from any harm, whether it be physical or mental and that includes includes a wide array of things besides homosexual orientation.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
Got a throw in my two cents whether anyone cares or not. A major reason I Home School is that I don't believe my tax dollars that support the school district should be using my money or anyone esles to teach kids that immoral behavior is to be accepted, or that we need to be accepting and tolerant of things that go against our beliefs and constitutions. We and my family and people I associate with don't view homosexuality of anykind as something somebody was born with. We are fully aware that the LGBT says different and spends tons of money on lobbyist in DC to try and prove otherwise, but in actual truth it has never been proven scientifically and never will be because homosexuality is based on nothing more than lust.

With that being said, if you were a co-worker and advertized yourself as gay/bi or whatever, I would not treat you differently than any other worker or employee. Would I endorse or vote for special privileges for homosexual? No, I would not for reasons stated above. Would I invite you to my home to be around my kids? Nope, never. For the obvious is that the orientation you talked about in your OP. You were taught at 10. IMHO those who teach children such things ought to be shot. But in the supposed civilized society we live in that won't happen and the world will continue on it's sick merry way.

For the obvious, I assume in your mind you will refer to me as homophobic. And if you do or you don't, it doesn't matter, but first off you need to know is that I'm not afraid of you or the LGBT. I don't hate you either, but another obvious is that just based on your post here I wouldn't trust you around my children and I would let others know your orientation because they wouldn't trust you around their kids either. The only way homosexuality can thrive is by induction and orientation and the only way that happens is what we see happening in schools today, like what happened to you. I do believe it is my sacred duty as a parent and a father to protect my children from any harm, whether it be physical or mental and that includes includes a wide array of things besides homosexual orientation.
Great post! We need more people like you who aren't afraid to exress their moral indignation regarding homosexuality. Your thinking is Wyoming thinking.

Homeschooling your children isn't only the safest way to raise your children; it's the best way to lead them to academic excellence. I wish more people here were homeschooling. So far, however, the government school establishment is successful in speading their sweet tasting poison.

All in all, Wyoming is the best place for decent folks who haven't been cowed into submission.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM

84 posts, read 119,302 times
Thanks for that Happy. I am so against all the things that brought Colorado down to it's cesspool level that I will vote against and stand my ground against all things indecent. Because those same people who destroyed Colorado are trying to do it here. So we must all take a stand and vote against perversion everytime.

Acedemically, speaking some of the smartest kids I know today have been homeschooled. Their level of knowledge and ability far exceeds the public arena and with the advent of even lowered standards in Wyoming they'll exceed even more.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
IMHO - A person's sexual orientation is none of my or anyone else's, except their partner's, business. It is certainly not the State's business to be setting laws about adult behaviors that do not involve force or children. They are both assaults and properly illegal most everywhere.

If you find homosexual activities repugnant do not indulge in them. Nobody is forcing you to so why are you concerned? If you have religious convictions that gay sex is sinful then be assured your God will send them to Hell. That is His decision, not yours and not secular law's.

Last edited by GregW; 03-12-2015 at 09:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming