Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,991 times

Advertisements

I'm excited to be moving out to Casper in a few months, but I am struggling to find good information on the reputations of apartment buildings. Specifically, I have looked into The Ridge at Blackmore and The Preserve at Greenway Park online and they both seem very nice, but I was hoping someone from the area could give me some honest info. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 25,545 times
Ya I've been looking as well. Those are the only two not low income that I've found. I really wish I could join my husband already. I'm not having any luck.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 AM

38 posts, read 55,540 times
The only reputation comments I have heard about the Blackmore apartments are they are expensive. They are some of the newest apartments in Casper. They are located on the east side of town where several new businesses and restaurants are opening. Depending on which unit you rent you might be blessed with a great view of the mountain, or a less great view of another building or worse a construction zone. Noise from construction in the area might be a concern depending on your lifestyle.

The Preserve apartments I have not heard anything about. They are "far out" and not really near any businesses or well established neighborhoods. The land across the street from them is still vacant (for now) and is scenic. The majority of the housing around around that area is a blend of newer apartments/patio homes/condos. There are quite a few older apartment buildings that also surround that general area. Single family homes are close, but mostly it is a multi family neighborhood.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 AM

23 posts, read 44,177 times
My wife and I want to move to the Casper area, but not in Casper proper. Any information, or where I could find houses for sale with some land involved and the costs? Thanks. <><

Old 11-09-2013, 09:35 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCS View Post
My wife and I want to move to the Casper area, but not in Casper proper. Any information, or where I could find houses for sale with some land involved and the costs? Thanks. <><
do a websearch for Casper WY real estate ...

you'll get a whole bunch of real estate companies sites with their listings.

as well, the Casper newspaper has extensive real estate listings every day, especially in the weekend edition.

costs will vary widely given the amenities of the land that you are seeking, subdivisions and HOA's, utilities, etc.

How much acreage is "some" land for you? do you have a need for acreage, perhaps livestock or equine?

Is there a particular reason why you're looking for land in the Casper area? job, retirement, etc?
This can be an especially brutal area of Wyoming climate extremes for much of the year ...

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-09-2013 at 10:27 AM..

Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
Casper Star Tribune is the town newspaper, Wyoming Quick Quarter is the "free" paper that is all over town. Stay away from Casper Apartments or any managed by them. You probably won't get your deposit back or have anything done about other tenants problems you have. Try the Casper Man Cave on facebook there are people there that have houses and apartments for rent. If your in town there are some Bulletin boards at the exit of the grocery stores there are sometimes places on them.
As for winter here. I have lived in Wyoming since 1974 except for a few times I temporarily moved out, our winters here are getting less and less harsh not as many snow storms and certainly they don't last as long as they used to. I don't think we had any snow last more than 1 1/2 weeks on the ground. The real problem here is the wind, it still blows a lot, I mean you count the days it doesn't blow instead of the ones where it blows.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:45 PM

7 posts, read 14,066 times
I lived at the Blackmore before and I found the place to be very nice. The neighbors were friendly and the staff were always helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: