Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainswalker View Post
Still a spring chicken I'm afraid! Gotta work my way up to being eligible for discounts on the finer things in life!!! Even with my husband in the military, he's not on 'active duty for purposes other than training', or something to that effect... so he gets kind of screwed when it comes to military bonuses.
My apologies. Didn't realize you were a woman. Sad about your husband's treatment. This country has mistreated their veterans since Vietnam. It's really a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 05:24 PM

231 posts, read 785,136 times
The roads between Rock Springs and Jackson are great, very well taken care of. If you stop in Pinedale for lunch, I recommend either Heart and Soul (a nice coffee shop/bistro) or Wind River Brewing (a very nice microbrewery with good hearty food).

Unfortunately I can't give much advice about Jackson itself. However I would advise to come in June, not May, as May very well might still be chilly and even possibly snowy. And June is when the wildflowers are the nicest.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,817,168 times
I went once in very late May, and it was my favorite time, so far. It was nice and chilly, there were walls of snow on the drive up (from the South entrance), there weren't that many people there, and I saw lots of Bison. I've also been in June a couple times, and that was nice as well, but May I liked better (again, very late May). I'll be going up in October of this year, so we'll see if that tops the other trips. I'm wondering how much fall color there will be, or if snow will have already stripped the trees of their leaves.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
I visited Yellowstone this past April. Came in from the west side. The park was closed to vehicles, but bicycles were allowed in. The roads were clear and the weather was absolutely fantastic. I could only ride in as far as Madison Junction, but I saw several bicyclist continue further into the park. Wouldn't have tried that myself because there were signs up prohibiting riding past the junction. The word was that the following week the road was opened to bicycles to Upper Geyser Basin. However, last winter was a mild one as far as precipitation. This winter could be completely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming