Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM

610 posts, read 3,320,750 times

Advertisements

I hope this is not too inappropriate for this site but Gary lived in Cody for some time and several other towns in Wyoming along the way. He was a mentor and friend and I suspect there may be a couple of folks here who might have known him. Please delete at your discretion.
Gary Lee Stamey, age 56, died Monday, December 10, 2007, at his residence.

He was born in Haywood County, but always called Buncombe County his home. He was a former resident of Cody, WY and Meeker, CO. He was preceded in death by a brother, Larry Ray Stamey. He graduated from Enka High School in 1969. After his military service, he worked in the Rocky Mountains for numerous companies and was formerly a western supervisor for NORPAC Exploration. He owned and operated his own business in North Carolina setting up and remodeling modular homes. Hunting, fishing, computers, and reading were activities Gary enjoyed.

He was a very dedicated veteran of the United States Army serving in Vietnam as a helicopter crew chief from February, 1969 until February, 1970. During his service, he was a recipient of two Bronze Stars, one Purple Heart, and 137 combat air medals. He was a lifetime member of the 101st Airborne Association and a lifetime member of the Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Association. At the time of his death, he was a disabled veteran diagnosed with PTSD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 AM

5 posts, read 28,638 times
They say it's a small world and it really is. I live in Buncombe County and knew Gary a long time ago. We went to rival high schools..Him at Enka, me at Erwin.. It's a shame how you loose track of people over the years and only to find them again at times like this.

I always wondered what had happened to him.. He was one of the good guys.

Thank you for posting this.

Rest well ...

Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM

610 posts, read 3,320,750 times
Sure is a small world - glad I posted it now. Bree, he'd started a reunion site for seismo-fizzikin' doodle-graphers a little over a year ago - even put together a reunion this year at Alpine over the 4th - didn't know he was sick. His site was:www. usadoodlebuggers. com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming